Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

It would be an ironic post-script if our medical team have gone extra safety conscious after seeing their counterparts up the road balls up so badly

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This. Any other player can be replaced to some extent but the defence is fecked when Dunk isn't there.
This season he's missed:

Sheff Utd (H) 1-1
Chelsea (A) 2-3
Brentford (H) 2-1
West Ham (A) 0-0

So without him its a fairly decent W 1, D2 , L1 and one out of our only 2 clean sheets all season

And he came on in the Sheff Utd cup tie with the game pretty much won.

I'd always want him to be available but ...

(yes tbf we lost 3-2 at home to AEK Athens)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's the biggest loss though.
Nah, as others have said, I think Dunk would be a bigger miss – and Groß an even BIGGER miss, IMO.

There's no denying that Joao Pedro is quality, but in the PL, he's scored 'only' eight goals. Given the team collectively has scored 30 other ones, you'd think there would be the personnel on the pitch to step up. From an attacking point of view, with Mitoma and Fati back in the matchday squad and Adingra and Enciso not too far away, I have far fewer worries that I would have had a month ago.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Pedro is a huge loss because of his form currently, but Dunk and Groß are the heartbeat of the side.

I actually think we’ve really missed Veltman too - the guy does so much without credit. Turnovers, covering runs - every game is 100%. If he had something more going forward he would be one of the best in the world. Outstanding footballer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anybody else heard he is injured and out for 4-6 weeks? Nightmare if true.

I mean, he played 88 minutes on Saturday, with a mountain of strapping up his leg, and is now out for 6 weeks. As trolling goes, I’ve seen better.

Where have you heard 6 weeks? Maldera said we don't know how long.

He's not "out for 6 weeks" - not for definite. Most hamstring injuries aren't that serious. And one injury was a knee injury or knock, this is a hamstring.

Nobody has said 6 weeks. It could be, but the “we don’t want to take a risk (at spurs)” line means it could also be something very minor:
Well, @Commander ITK rumour that he was injured has proven to be spot on, so I can’t see why we should discount the other half of it 🤷‍♂️

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well, @Commander ITK rumour that he was injured has proven to be spot on, so I can’t see why we should discount the other half of it 🤷‍♂️
And it was a good scoop and it could be that length of time (i guess thats a generic time out for a hamstring) but as the scans that would confirm the severity or not of the injury haven't actually happened yet or hadn't happened at time of the message/rumour being passed on then there are grounds to be sceptical.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Anyone know what his insta story said today?

Guy behind me at the match today said that Darren bloom has been telling people Pedro is out for the season. (Probably nonsense)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Guy behind me at the match today said that Darren bloom has been telling people Pedro is out for the season. (Probably nonsense)
‘Passing by to thank you for the messages, I’ll be right back’

Vin

Jun 12, 2021

Do you know how long Hinshelwood is out for

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the tale, doing the rounds, of Pedro and RDZ coming to blows at training.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here