Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maldera: "Unfortunately has a hamstring injury. He did a scan two days ago, had another one this week. He has a problem, we don't know how many weeks. We don't want to take a risk."

Deliberate trolling of Palace?! :lolol:
I mean, he played 88 minutes on Saturday, with a mountain of strapping up his leg, and is now out for 6 weeks. As trolling goes, I’ve seen better.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I mean, he played 88 minutes on Saturday, with a mountain of strapping up his leg, and is now out for 6 weeks. As trolling goes, I’ve seen better.
Where have you heard 6 weeks? Maldera said we don't know how long.

The injury occurred before Palace?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe it would be a good idea to have an Official NSC ITK, and they hold the crown until they get something wrong.

@Commander - we will look to you as the Sage for EVERYTHING Brighton related now.
Good idea.

Sadly I think that was probably my first and last bit of ITK gossip though. It was from the most random source ever, and I can't imagine it will be repeated. The person I got it from who vaguely knows some of the players then told me that wasn't how he got it, it was from some complete random, and I have no idea how he would have obtained the information.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good idea.

Sadly I think that was probably my first and last bit of ITK gossip though. It was from the most random source ever, and I can't imagine it will be repeated. The person I got it from who vaguely knows some of the players then told me that wasn't how he got it, it was from some complete random, and I have no idea how he would have obtained the information.
Good track covering :laugh:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He's not "out for 6 weeks" - not for definite. Most hamstring injuries aren't that serious. And one injury was a knee injury or knock, this is a hamstring.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Fair play @Commander , a good scoop.

That’s a big blow as Pedro has been excellent recently and hamstring injuries are never quick to heal. I know we’ve had some seasons like this before but I think this is the worst I remember for injuries.
They sometimes aren't - see Olise for his hamstring woes - but they often are. Depends if they are serious tears or strains. Adingra and Mitoma were back training / playing within a matter of weeks for Japan and Ivory Coast.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Nobody has said 6 weeks. It could be, but the “we don’t want to take a risk (at spurs)” line means it could also be something very minor:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's all very well going into the treatment room with a dodgy hamstring.
The trick is to leave the treatment room still with hamstrings.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good idea.

Whatever you say, boss :thumbsup:

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another 10 pages of speculation and demonstration of medical expertise based on one sentence uttered by an assistant coach incoming :moo:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Must have happened after his Saturday goal as he reacted like lightning to Welbeck's back heel - can't do that with a hammy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good idea.

FFS - can someone else take over?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here