Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixeira

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Where has he been playing what's his form like etc? Or doesn't it matter because he had a few good games for us a couple of years ago and is foreign so is automatically brilliant.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Great work Sherlock :wink:. I can't be bothered to trawl through 10 pages of this thread: has anyone taken any notice of this?

It's already been pointed out that it is a crap translation of a certain Portugese notation that means 2nd. Thr translation is wrong, but not the original, apparently.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's already been pointed out that it is a crap translation of a certain Portugese notation that means 2nd. Thr translation is wrong, but not the original, apparently.

I was gonna say although it seems weird, it can't possibly be an old article from under Sami etc as he's only just joined Porto. Still not a clue how good the source is though. Naylor says it ain't happening which gives it a bit more clout that he may join...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Where has he been playing what's his form like etc? Or doesn't it matter because he had a few good games for us a couple of years ago and is foreign so is automatically brilliant.

From the second half of your post I imagine you already know.

But just in case it was a genuine question - he is at FC Porto seeing very little game time, with players in his position ahead of him such as someone they consider a very similar and equally talented coutinho (Otavio), the arab sensation (Brahimi) who will be bought in a PL spunk fest in the very near future, and a guy contractually obliged to get appearences (Diogo Jota).

I'm guessing if you were head of recruitment, Knockaert and Skalak wouldn't have made the cut? Pritchard though...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I agree

Good player as Texiera is he doesn't do the defensive work that would probably be expected of him.

You are very very wrong and I worry you didn't see Tex enough under CH.

Your points are correct under Sami but CH had sorted him out. By the time he got injured, CH had moulded him into the player he wanted. He was working incredibly hard and defending high up the pitch properly for a good 3 or 4 games, that's how he got injured.

Another person overlooking the work of the best British manager.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You are very very wrong and I worry you didn't see Tex enough under CH.

Your points are correct under Sami but CH had sorted him out. By the time he got injured, CH had moulded him into the player he wanted. He was working incredibly hard and defending high up the pitch properly for a good 3 or 4 games, that's how he got injured.

Another person overlooking the work of the best British manager.

Me ? Overlooking the work of Chris Hughton ? - Where have you been for a year and a half. Is this the first post of mine you have read ? First match I ever went to when CH was manager, Paul Mc Veigh scored 2 goals for Spurs reserves. Work that one out how long ago it might have been

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tish. Its Tish. FFS :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just having a flounce at the last line of Hugo's post. Not getting out much at the moment so a small flounce on line breaks the rigour of constant work

You and me both. Emoting and flouncing on NSC are two of the few things that get the blood coursing back through the remoter parts of one's carcass under these harsh times :O:thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know he'd be welcomed back. I'd cheer him on like everyone else but I still don't think he's what we need.

Trouble is, we've only seen Tex playing in a crap team - I'd just love to see what he would do in our present team, with team mates making themselves available for passes, and team mates running into spaces which Tex spotted and passed into - things which never happened under Hyypia. Not saying he'd come straight into the first team, but boy, might he not flourish in a good team!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Me ? Overlooking the work of Chris Hughton ?

Just pulling your plonker a bit! I know you are as much team CH as anyone, and rightly so and I really respect your posts and opinion. However ........

My point remains despite the baiting and exaggeration.

By the time Tex got injured, CH had changed his game an awful lot. It was either Derby or Wolves at home that I remember seeing him charging around chasing everything down fully committed (like Sam Baldock does now and Ashley Barnes did before) and it occurred to me that Chris had worked his magic.

For the majority of his Albion career he was the player you describe but in his last few games for us, there was a change.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just pulling your plonker a bit! I know you are as much team CH as anyone, and rightly so and I really respect your posts and opinion. However ........

My point remains despite the baiting and exaggeration.

By the time Tex got injured, CH had changed his game an awful lot. It was either Derby or Wolves at home that I remember seeing him charging around chasing everything down fully committed (like Sam Baldock does now and Ashley Barnes did before) and it occurred to me that Chris had worked his magic.

For the majority of his Albion career he was the player you describe but in his last few games for us, there was a change.

Thanks for the offer but I will pull my own plonker if you don't mind. I know the way I like it and I have found that other just don't seem to do as good a job.

PS - Don't hold your breath for Texiera. I have a feeling that if Chris wanted to sign him he would probably have done it by now

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
From the second half of your post I imagine you already know.

But just in case it was a genuine question - he is at FC Porto seeing very little game time, with players in his position ahead of him such as someone they consider a very similar and equally talented coutinho (Otavio), the arab sensation (Brahimi) who will be bought in a PL spunk fest in the very near future, and a guy contractually obliged to get appearences (Diogo Jota).

I'm guessing if you were head of recruitment, Knockaert and Skalak wouldn't have made the cut? Pritchard though...

First up I'm not head of recruitment obviously I was just trying to see what sort of players he is now since the loan spell.

Secondly, if you were head of recruitment you'd obviously blow your load because someone is good on Football Manager.

Hopefully head of recruitment will have assessed if he is in form fit and can play in our system. Who is is behind in the Porto team is irrelevant. I'm and few down the line from Ronaldo does that make me the next Peter Ward :tosser:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Secondly, if you were head of recruitment you'd obviously blow your load because someone is good on Football Manager.

Hopefully head of recruitment will have assessed if he is in form fit and can play in our system. Who is is behind in the Porto team is irrelevant. I'm and few down the line from Ronaldo does that make me the next Peter Ward :tosser:

Sounds like we should get you in on loan. Will have to check your FM profile first though. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here