Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixara in on loan

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Despite some of the negativity and the fact I've never heard of the lad, I'm still going to celebrate because we've made a signing and we don't do that very often. Welcome to the Albion Joao :albion2:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm sure after 10 mins we will find he isn't capable of championship football but will play every game because we have promised Liverpool first team football

You mean it will take as long as 10 minutes? Some on here have already made up their minds,and it looks like you might be one of them. Still, if he pkays the full season, at least you will have someone to moan about, so it won't be a complete waste

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't believe negativity
Read what Steve Gerard said about him, and how highly Brendan Rogers rates him
He cost Liverpool €1 million....and is likened to Deko
The spell at Brentford was unfortunate and the Manager blamed his teammates rather than Joao, because of the poor passing style they played at the time
He is creative and attacking and takes a mean free kick, what's not to like

He can take our corners as well!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm more than happy to give the kid a chance before writing him off.

BUT; having sold over £14m of players recently, and still having a very shallow squad, it's understandable why a fair few are a bit worried as to whether this is the Buckley replacement. The guy played 20 minutes at Brentford and was sent back, and has one appearance at Liverpool.

All that, 'relegation fight' being the reason for him leaving Brentford is b*llocks. They were 10th, 1 point off the play-offs, and 10 points clear of relegation when his loan was terminated.

Dec 29, 2011

BUT; having sold over £14m of players recently, and still having a very shallow squad, it's understandable why a fair few are a bit worried as to whether this is the Buckley replacement. The guy played 20 minutes at Brentford and was sent back, and has one appearance at Liverpool.

All that, 'relegation fight' being the reason for him leaving Brentford is b*llocks. They were 10th, 1 point off the play-offs, and 10 points clear of relegation when his loan was terminated.

If he can't play for a club who are in a relegation battle, he's not going to get many minutes for us :thumbsup:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Wasnt he recalled by Liverpool rather than sent back by Brentford, some difference.

No, his loan was terminated by Brentford as he wasn't needed. They were 1 point off the play-offs at the time, nowhere near this supposed 'relegation battle' that some on here seem to be saying.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I don't think he is a Buckley replacement, rather offers something we haven't got at the moment...some real subtlety, creativity..It will take some time for everyone to click, and read each other, but putting passes through for runners like a Buckley replacement, or CMS etc would be great...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No, his loan was terminated by Brentford as he wasn't needed. They were 1 point off the play-offs at the time, nowhere near this supposed 'relegation battle' that some on here seem to be saying.

He was recalled by Liverpool as was not getting enough game time.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
He was recalled by Liverpool as was not getting enough game time.

Also it is conceivable that with Brentford doing so well when he went on lone, that the manger didn't want to upset the apple cart by throwing in this lad and upsetting the team. He may have had a policy with if you play well you keep your place. Especially as this was a lone player and Liverpool sent him out to get game time so recalled him. Who knows? He deserves a chance before he is slated.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Right, I have just had a long phone conversation with my mate who's from Liverpool who I have known for years.

Firstly, he won't just say someone is quality if they are struggling.

He's two footed essentially, great passer and play maker and loads of energy.

He also said he will def chip in with the goals at this level.

If he's in a team with an attacking set up he will be in his element

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Right, I have just had a long phone conversation with my mate who's from Liverpool who I have known for years.

Firstly, he won't just say someone is quality if they are struggling.

He's two footed essentially, great passer and play maker and loads of energy.

He also said he will def chip in with the goals at this level.

If he's in a team with an attacking set up he will be in his element

Bugger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here