Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixara in on loan

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's reasonable to assume that a 21 year old (22 this year) who has made just 3 professional appearances, and couldn't get into a league one team last season, is unlikely to set the world on fire.

Perhaps you're just a blind optimist, eh? - Something tells me you're going to be disappointed.

Guess you said the same about Bobby Zamora when he came on loan from Bristol Rovers after being loaned to Bath City I think. He turned out alright. I honestly think we could sign Messi and some of NSC would say, "pass his best".

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A loanee. Whoopee do. But I suppose it's better than nothing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
At last though....it's a glimmer of evidence that suggests our manager can influence signings.....

Influence signings? He was on loan to Brentford :lolol: Hardly a catch is it?

I tell you what influence is? Poyet Getting Wayne Bridge down here and getting Man City to pay virtually 80k in wages for us.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It was stated a fair while back that the club would regularly need to rely on loans, so no real surprises that we have got one in.

We do need at the very least get a perm striker and LB in though so I shall see what happens.

Give the bloody guy chance FFS.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
i have seen this lad play a few times, good player in the midfield for the albion....this is a good loan signing, i think the doubters will be a bit surprised when this kid settles in... on a positive its a player in...not a player out...

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Can't believe negativity
Read what Steve Gerard said about him, and how highly Brendan Rogers rates him
He cost Liverpool €1 million....and is likened to Deko
The spell at Brentford was unfortunate and the Manager blamed his teammates rather than Joao, because of the poor passing style they played at the time
He is creative and attacking and takes a mean free kick, what's not to like

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
We get some guy in for the season who looks quality and forced his way into a Premiership title-chasing Liverpool team at the end of last season and yet there's negativity everywhere.
Sheesh.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I'm sure after 10 mins we will find he isn't capable of championship football but will play every game because we have promised Liverpool first team football

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Pleased with this signing. He certainly knows how to control the ball. As a left sided player potentially some competition for Kaz?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Awesome signing... One portion of steaming humble pie for the idiots posting their negative drivel on this here site at the moment. If he plays versus Brum, they're going to be dazed and confused by his movement and ability... Del Piero will be next.

There really is no pleasing some of you lot, he's a talent a bit untested, a bit of a gamble but seriously what's not to like! Get over it and get over yourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here