Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak, 23yo Czech attacker, confirmed signing.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I hope he signs as I now have a Czech wife and am residing here in Olomouc, CZ for 6 months. She's been to a few games.

Lovely place, isn't it? A few months after the velvet revolution, my wife & I went to a Sigma Olomouc match and they were wonderful to us. As soon as they found out we were from England (I was trying to ask where to buy tickets), they wouldn't let us buy tickets, sat us in the main stand, gave us stickers and badges. It was well off the beaten track for visitors back then; this was before there were any McDonalds in Prague, even.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Ostrava have some sort of link with some Polish hooligans across the border. Their games are usually a bit of a nightmare
I went to Mlada Boleslav in my first few weeks here. Some girl who was in the same reggae bar as me invited me to a party.
Thought it was a Prague suburb and didnt realise she went home at weekends. Sodding 2 hours on the train.
Never been back there. Town is as dull as dishwater

Say that again , i visited a few times for work . Usain Bolt seems to like it though , he goes and competes there every year , perhaps he had a bit of skirt there like you did .

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Say that again , i visited a few times for work . Usain Bolt seems to like it though , he goes and competes there every year , perhaps he had a bit of skirt there like you did .

Not many other reasons for real. Unless you are passionate about Skodas, and visit the museum. Took almost 30 minuites to find an open bar. In CZ of all places ?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I live in Zizkov, opposite Viktoria stadium. I gave up trying to get to matches at 10:15 on a Sunday morning .. :-D
Most of the expats seem to follow Bohemians for some reason, im guessing proximity to Vinhorady.

Viktoria have always been my team and been 3 times (on 3 seperate trips over the years to Prague).

Usually hung over though or well into some beers and good food

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Viktoria have always been my team and been 3 times (on 3 seperate trips over the years to Prague).

Usually hung over though or well into some beers and good food

In a city like Prague, getting up for a football match at that time on a Sunday morning, I found impossible. I would wake when/if somebody scored !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Last media reports were 2 days ago suggesting Monaco had been interested but only we had made a firm offer.
The news items were from Polish & Greek sources. Nothing from UK which fits our modus operandi.
Maybe he was flying in this morning!?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agent/player is probably holding out until Monday for best possible deal, and chucking in a rumour that Hamburg are interested for good measure. Meanwhile, Winstanley leaks a rumour that we're signing Murray on loan to show that we have options and aren't desperate.

I accept that there is a bit of straw clutching in the above.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its his 'dream' to play in England. He is ours.
:)

Hopefully....

oh and its now the Synot league. Hadnt noticed it change from Gambrinus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here