Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Saville

Well done Mutts Nutts on your incredibly bad taste fishing trip. I hope you're chuckling away to yourself............let's all have a good old laugh at child abuse eh?! I doubt if you'd been a victim you would be posting such ill thought out crap you idiot.

Personally i hope you're banned for this latest little stunt you utter tw@t. Try sticking to your implausible knowledge of football................at least we can ignore it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope the police get a grip of the situation and open an enquiry into Savile sharpish. As things stand it's all starting to unravel, with various female BBC presenters / producers coming out of the woodwork, and before we know it we'll have a Leveson-style inquest into the culture of the BBC 1965 - 1995.

We can't rewrite the 60s, 70s and 80s but clearly it was an era when you could get away with all sorts of dirty / sexist / racist / anti-social behaviour. I believe the Savile case warrants an enquiry, but I really don't give a hoot if some Radio 1 DJ groped Liz Kershaw's tits in 1987. Legislation in the workplace and political correctness has already changed the culture and people's behaviour in this country.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Well done Mutts Nutts on your incredibly bad taste fishing trip. I hope you're chuckling away to yourself............let's all have a good old laugh at child abuse eh?! I doubt if you'd been a victim you would be posting such ill thought out crap you idiot.

Personally i hope you're banned for this latest little stunt you utter tw@t. Try sticking to your implausible knowledge of football................at least we can ignore it.

Sorry what has he done, apart from open a debate. lets look at the questions he asked:

These allegations does any one realy believe them. That seems a fair question to ask

why did these women not come forward when the alleged crimes were commited or at least while the man was still alive. Again, not every understands abuse and the effects it has on people. So again a good question to ask and maybe people on here could help him understand.

One allegation has been followed by over a hundred more how can any thing now be proved. Again another good question, I am not a criminal expert, so i would like to know the process.

imho the women now coming out of the woodwork are nothing but attention seakers if they had been wronged they would have gone to the police at the time. yes i will give you this one, it shows a complete lack of understanding around abuse. However again he may need help to understand.
I see nothing worthy of a ban

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I usually agree with a lot of what Mutts Nutts has to say but this thread has made him look a bellend. He does however have the right to an opinion and although not many agree with this its still no reason to call for him to be banned. Get a life

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Sorry what has he done, apart from open a debate. lets look at the questions he asked:

These allegations does any one realy believe them. That seems a fair question to ask

why did these women not come forward when the alleged crimes were commited or at least while the man was still alive. Again, not every understands abuse and the effects it has on people. So again a good question to ask and maybe people on here could help him understand.

One allegation has been followed by over a hundred more how can any thing now be proved. Again another good question, I am not a criminal expert, so i would like to know the process.

imho the women now coming out of the woodwork are nothing but attention seakers if they had been wronged they would have gone to the police at the time. yes i will give you this one, it shows a complete lack of understanding around abuse. However again he may need help to understand.
I see nothing worthy of a ban

How are they attention seekers? Being abused by Jimmy Saville is not something to boast about. These were just children at the time, they knew he was to powerful and that if they spoke out they would be silenced, just like many others were. Obviously there may be the odd false accusation, but from what i have seen and heard from witnesses on various programmes i have no doubt that the sick fucker was a serial abuser. Only a fool would disagree

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What has amazed me that people are surprised. For some reason in the back of my head i thought everyone knew he was a nonce, i seem to remember rumours and allegations coming out about 5 years ago but i can't find anything on it. This is a bit like realising that the sun comes up every morning.

I think that despite the claims that nobody knew what was going on, and all the hand wringing we will assist in any investigation by the BBC, there was a lot of it going on and he wasn't the only one possibly implicated. I can imagine a corporate structure in those days where there was an establishment who could do almost what they wanted and nobody wanting a career would mention it or complain about it. I do think that there should have been someone with enough guts and principles to make a complaint and stick with it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His family are removing his head stone, as I type.
A fact that makes more sense now I have seen it:-

jimmy+grave

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume this is on NSC somewhere but just in case:-

001d0071-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_069adc92-3c07-45b1-a829-c5c836034f3e_20121010101338_savilebook.jpg

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
How are they attention seekers? Being abused by Jimmy Saville is not something to boast about. These were just children at the time, they knew he was to powerful and that if they spoke out they would be silenced, just like many others were. Obviously there may be the odd false accusation, but from what i have seen and heard from witnesses on various programmes i have no doubt that the sick fucker was a serial abuser. Only a fool would disagree

I would suggest you read my post again. The quotes were from MN. I start my thread lets look at the questions asked. I answered his statement on attention seekers and do not agree with him. The bit that says it shows a lack of understanding.

I was discussing this very fact with some chums last week. It truly turns the stomach. And now other high profile figures are being implicated. For example, apparently Ted Heath used to invite boys from that place onto his yacht at weekends. We'll now probably never know whether this is all innocent or not but Haut de la Garenne increasingly looks like it was looked upon as a play thing for the depraved.
As I said on the other thread ... When the Prime Minister and Jimmy Savile appear in the same rumour, it's difficult not to speculate about whether there might be a reason for the truth being suppressed.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
As I said on the other thread ... When the Prime Minister and Jimmy Savile appear in the same rumour, it's difficult not to speculate about whether there might be a reason for the truth being suppressed.

Its very hard to belive that something like this has been kept secret for so long. We may never know the full extent of who knew and also if other people were involved. So many people seemed to know his tastes for younger girls and yet kept silent. Why? A lot of people seemed to line up to say what a great person he was when he died and that he was a true star. Now these people have hinted they knew what he was like.

TJx

The WOMEN'S opinion!
Aug 19, 2011
Withdean
I would suggest you read my post again. The quotes were from MN. I start my thread lets look at the questions asked. I answered his statement on attention seekers and do not agree with him. The bit that says it shows a lack of understanding.
:lolol:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

My apologies :thumbsup:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

If you take those rumours with this piece from his biography, particularly the bit in bold (Quoted from http://timesopinion.tumblr.com/post/32804536645/jimmy-saviles-affections-laid-bare-by-jimmy-savile )

[Savile] writes of an incident at the Mecca Locarno ballroom in Leeds, where he worked as a DJ during the 1950s, when a female police officer came in with a photograph of “an attractive girl who had run away from a remand home”.

Savile writes: “‘Ah,’ says I all serious, ‘if she comes in I’ll bring her back tomorrow but I’ll keep her all night first as my reward’.” He then writes that the girl did go into the club and “agreed that I hand her over if she could stay at the dance, [and] come home with me”. He wrote that he did then hand her over to the “lady of the law…[who] was dissuaded from bringing charges against me by her colleagues, for it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me”.

Suggests a way of working whereby you ingratiate yourself with local bigwigs, get to know their tastes, then have enough dirt on them to ensure your back is covered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here