Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Saville: Disgusting

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Because he was a legend of my childhood, I started the week thinking, what a load of bollocks. But as the week has gone on and more and more people have come forward saying his behaviour was inappropriate to say the least? I'm now of a mind to think these allegations are true. And on most of the alleged attacks, from all of his accusers they talk of a very familiar modus operandi in the attacks..
And the worst of all Is he used his celebrity and charity work to prey on young teenagers.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Because he was a legend of my childhood, I started the week thinking, what a load of bollocks. But as the week has gone on and more and more people have come forward saying his behaviour was inappropriate to say the least? I'm now of a mind to think these allegations are true. And on most of the alleged attacks, from all of his accusers they talk of a very familiar modus operandi in the attacks..
And the worst of all Is he used his celebrity and charity work to prey on young teenagers.

You certainly watched the Exposure programme, sadly there will pretty much only ever be one side of the story now.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
You certainly watched the Exposure programme, sadly there will pretty much only ever be one side of the story now.

Indeed, his family, friends and fans will feel massively aggrieved that his memory has been "dragged through the mud" and his accusers will have little satisfaction and feel distraught that he went to his grave with impunity over these alleged attacks. I really hoped it was all rubbish but after hearing the allegations and the taped interview of him defending Garry Glitter, I'm not so sure

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

As did I.

Kept a fairly open mind to it, but there seems to be a lot of unconnected women with very similar stories of the behaviour of JS towards them during their formative years.

And quite apart from all that, his defending of Gary Glitter speaking in 2000:

"Now Gary, all he did was to take his computer into PC World to get it repaired. They went into the hard drive, saw all these dodgy pictures and told the police and the police then 'Oh we've got a famous person ... Oh my goodness, yeah we'll have them'.

"But Gary has not sold them, has not tried to sell them, not tried to show them in public or anything like that. It were for his own gratification. Whether it was right or wrong is, of course, it's up to him as a person. But they didn't do anything wrong but they are then demonised."

"If you said to that copper, what's Gary Glitter done wrong? Well nothing really. He's just sat at home watching dodgy films."

I mean where do you START ?? f***ing hell.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
As did I.

Kept a fairly open mind to it, but there seems to be a lot of unconnected women with very similar stories of the behaviour of JS towards them during their formative years.

"Now Gary, all he did was to take his computer into PC World to get it repaired. They went into the hard drive, saw all these dodgy pictures and told the police and the police then 'Oh we've got a famous person ... Oh my goodness, yeah we'll have them'.

"But Gary has not sold them, has not tried to sell them, not tried to show them in public or anything like that. It were for his own gratification. Whether it was right or wrong is, of course, it's up to him as a person. But they didn't do anything wrong but they are then demonised."

"If you said to that copper, what's Gary Glitter done wrong? Well nothing really. He's just sat at home watching dodgy films."

Yes it is hard to say there was no smoke without fire, just a shame and so mad that no one came forward before now though, I did watch the prog so I did hear their reasons, just seems so bizarre that so many (and still more coming out the woodwork!) alledgedly involved and not one real account at the time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes it is hard to say there was no smoke without fire, just a shame and so mad that no one came forward before now though, I did watch the prog so I did hear their reasons, just seems so bizarre that so many (and still more coming out the woodwork!) alledgedly involved and not one real account at the time.

It was a totally different era though, and from their accounts, these women (as they were just starstruck kids at the time) didn't feel confident or empowered enough to blow the whistle on such a huge celebrity back then. In fact some of them didn't even really fully realise or appreciate that they'd been abused and violated till some years later.

Esther Rantzens reaction was so telling. She KNEW this was going on, or had a very good idea that it was, and looked genuinely shattered at having it brought home to her with the knowledge that in restrospect, like everyone else in the know back then, she did nothing.

True, but it's not limited to Savile, is it? History is full of such see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil types: how many people knew about other institionalised abuse of kids but kept quiet?

Indeed. When Jimmy Savile, Haut de la Garenne and a former UK prime minister all appear in the same rumour, you have to conclude that suppressing the story serves a purpose.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Jimmy Saville at Haut de la Garenne - a place he denied ever visiting.
jimmy-saville-at-haut-de-la-garenne-childrens-home-in-jersey.bmp

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Are you sure thats not Lee Westwood ?

Another Radio 1 DJ? Why don't they just close down the station? I never liked that DLT either, people with beards have something to hide, although it's often just their chin.

I'm just praying that no one comes forward with any tales or Terry Wogan sniffing convent girls' bicycle seats, or Ken Bruce space docking into Vanessa Feltz.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Totally with you on the beard thing [MENTION=13530]bhadebenhams[/MENTION]. Did you see the photo of Savile with Peter Sutcliffe in prison?

Last edited:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
From The Times:

In today’s Times story about the allegations surrounding Jimmy Savile, David Sanderson highlighted some quotes from As It Happens, Savile’s 1974 autobiography, that nobody else seems to have picked up on. It’s strange that they haven’t, because they are startling:

[Savile] writes of an incident at the Mecca Locarno ballroom in Leeds, where he worked as a DJ during the 1950s, when a female police officer came in with a photograph of “an attractive girl who had run away from a remand home”.

Savile writes: "'Ah,' says I all serious, 'if she comes in I’ll bring her back tomorrow but I'll keep her all night first as my reward'." He then writes that the girl did go into the club and "agreed that I hand her over if she could stay at the dance, [and] come home with me". He wrote that he did then hand her over to the “lady of the law…[who] was dissuaded from bringing charges against me by her colleagues, for it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me".

I repeat, this is Savile’s autobiography. It wasn’t winkled out of him by a cunning interviewer; he didn’t let it slip when he was pissed. It wasn’t a post-modern joke. Rather, these are words he wrote in a book, which were read by a publisher, and presumably by lawyers, and by reviewers, and by readers.

How can nobody have noticed? Right now, many are presumably wondering how his behaviour can have been concealed for so long. But it wasn’t concealed. It was right out there, in plain view, and nobody wanted to see.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Exactly. When that was recorded in 2000, didn't anyone think it was a bit weird?

Not happy. Not only do I suspect he was a pedophile and a rapist, but after watching last nights program, Mrs Trig was never going to put out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There does seem to be a lot of it about in showbiz circles these days.

Either the fame given by working in light entertainment warps those who work therein, or if the allegations are untrue, then there must be some mass psychosis which makes attention seeking people want to finger a celebrity.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ester Rantzen is in some kind of world of shit, It's not like she built her reputation off of the back of protecting children whilst having had any connection with someone ... like say .... Desmond Wilcox (effectively Sex pest Sa-VILE's boss during the 70s)

oooh, I'm coming over all 'Daily Mail'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here