Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim Davidson arrested concerning abuse investigations!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Now thatcher was an absolute terrible women . She wrecked untold families and lives . Alot of what is wrong with society today can be traced back to Thatcher. Awful Awful PM and women , however , I'm think its stretching it a bit to say she is involved in any way to these cover ups. Never put anything past her but unlikely

Wrecked untold families and lives?
I reckon she saved the country from going to the dogs by curbing the power of the union barons,for a starter.You may not agree but it had to be done.
Anyway,it is pointless NSC arguing about this as has been shown in the past!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Wrecked untold families and lives?
I reckon she saved the country from going to the dogs by curbing the power of the union barons,for a starter.You may not agree but it had to be done.
Anyway,it is pointless NSC arguing about this as has been shown in the past!

your right, It is pointless arguing politics on here, have your views but respect others also.
But you are quite clearly wrong about thatcher and that's the end of it ;-)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I always thought Heath was a bit dodgy so it wouldn't surprise me particularly if something does come out eventually. Got to admit that I would be totally gobsmacked if Cliff Richard was in any way involved though. Shagging Una Stubbs is one thing but under-age girls is quite different.

I don't think that it is girls that were involved here .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Was nought wrong with our Jim back in the non pc days !! or many others of his peers for that matter, way back many of us thought him bloody funny as well as Alf Garnett , Love thy neighbour etc etc ......guess you just had to be there to know how comedy was back then.Whatever Jim has or has not done he should not be forgotten what he has done FREE for our troops over the last 30 years. IMHO

Put him in a room with those same troops now and see how they like him.

Last edited:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
No need to thank Maggie for the banking fuckups. You can send your thanks to a certain Mr Brown of Dumfries for that one.

The De-Regulation of the financial markets in 1986, in fact it was one of the cornerstones of that (THATcher) governments policies; that the decline of banking in the U.K was overregulation and that the solution lay in the free market doctrines of unfettered competition and meritocracy. Opening it up meant that lots of other banks could 'have a go' at trading and investing.

The problem with this was that some banks used their deposits to play the stock market, losing and requiring tax payer bail outs. This had happened in America in 1929 and led to an act which separated retail banks from investment banks and removing taxpayer support. Nigel Lawson, Chancellor of the Exchequer in 1986, (appointed by THATcher) thought that no such legislation was needed because up until then merchant and high street banks had been seperate and he thought that that would continue.

However; this was the not the case and a load of high street banks spunked a load of savers money, the taxpayer had to bail them out (which I presume is what you are blaming Brown for), and hence the 'banking f*** ups'.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No need to thank Maggie for the banking fuckups. You can send your thanks to a certain Mr Brown of Dumfries for that one.

Brown definitely threw some nice logs on the fire matey but thatcher stocked the grate. There is no such thing a society you see...just self enrichment.

Labour betrayed the workers by extending thatchers policies but thatchers policies they surely were.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I saw this the other day and thought of NSC

427601_10152426067715192_1261665020_n.jpg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Are those that are saying Thatcher was bad inferring that the unions she defeated were good?
Bit of a polar argument granted, as there was a lot more in her nine years than just defeating the unions [like defeating the Argies].
There were undoubtedly families that suffered from that union feud, but do the unions share any responsibility for that?
To my recollection, it was the intolerent Arther Scargill that was equally to blame

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I know this will make me about as popular as a Palace supporter on a Brighton fan forum:ohmy:

But I would be very surprised if something about Ted Heath does not come out sooner or later. It could just be idle rumours but he took boys out on his yacht from the same boys home as Jimmy Savile. Either way these people must have had some protection as it is remarkable to think that nobody has spoken about this before but have been told to shut up in some way.
On the other hand there are some wild allegations flying about but to be honest so far they have turned out to be true, the only one that hasnt been arrested so far is a certain well known christian singer, but once again that could just be idle rumour. It does make you think though.

I await the barrage of abuse

Private Eye dropped hints about Heath many years ago. But I guess he was untouchable. I didn't know about the Savile connection though. There were rumours that Lord Mountbatten was blown up on his yacht because the Irish boy on the boat was a "Favourite"..

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
They appeared in a film together.

It wasnt real life!

If anyone was keeping Cliff warm at night it was Melvin hayes.

Would that be the Melvyn Hales, currently with his third wife and has SIX children....??????????

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think that it is girls that were involved here .

You can tell the ages of posters when they don't realise that the first split of the Shadows causing Jet Harris & Tony Meehan to leave was becaue Cliff was having an affair with the wives. He then went religious and declared celibacy but probably broke that with Sue Barker.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Jim Davidson was a top act for years and would have been very appreciated by our troops,he had nothing to do with underage girls,they were in their twenty`s, at that time if a women wanted to get on in show business then it was not unusual for them to have to give sexual favours,there are many books on this subject.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Times have changed, a lot of people found Davidson funny along with Jimmy Jones, Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning given their ticket and video sales.

Clearly given the ages of the people involved in the allegations this has probably got more to do with women chasing a pay off or a tabloid exclusive, but I'm sure we've not seen the last of these arrests, I bet the likes of the Bay City Rollers and Bros are probably waiting for a tug given the age of their fanbase at the height of their fame.

What has got 120 legs but no pubic hair........?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Put him in a room with those same troops now and see how they like him.

As popular with the troops as he ever was. Maybe you want to rip into them for their sense of humour Nibble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here