Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No pace,not creative,can't shoot and normally can't tackle so gives a foul away most times.

Offers jack shite and should be in league 2....most overrated player ever

I have been quite negative this season but you must be the winner of the Albion fan who sees no good whatsoever in the set up from top to bottom. Is there ANYTHING you like about Brighton and Hove Albion? :lolol:

I think you could be a Reading agent :wink:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Clear Out Your Clutter Day.png

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I thought he played ok against Watford. Playing alongside quality like Kayal will bring out the best in him I am sure. He was too inexperienced to be expected to carry the team in the role he had earlier in the season.

Agreed. Also he would find it far more comfortable playing in an offensive role for the U21s where experience doesn't mean that much compared to a defensive role where experience is really important.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
So, awaiting the necessary flamings for this but....

Www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32497384

The article, and Jake's words in it, come across as a tad arrogant.

"When I was in the squad I was tired because I was playing for England, and then it's frustrating when I don't play.

I know what I can do and I just need to show it. "

I whole heartedly accept that people will lambast me for getting on his back but it's been refreshing to me that CH hasn't rated him just because he's playing for the u21's.

I will state that his best role would be ahead of a midfield pair but with the possibility of Jaoa returning and other strengthening I doubt he'll get much of a look in.

With Ince the likely back up for either Kayal and Stephens as the pair then JFC is likely to have another frustrating one.

So much promise yet so little delivery in the blue and white.

Oh and before you jump in with leave him alone he's young - he's not in footballing terms so get over it.

He needs to move on,he will improve far quicker elsewhere,There is a recently promoted club down the road that could use his talent and he will be a bargain

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
He needs to be loaned out for the whole of next season imo to get some decent game time - he has been poor when he has played this season - lets see how he gets on in a lge1 team?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I said it before and Ill say it again, if you put him up for sale there would be loads of takers that are higher than Brighton.

This is not the housing market. You don't have to put player's up for sale for another club to put an offer in. Other clubs will make an offer for a player and will then wait for a response from the club.

Clubs have not bid for JFC because they don't want him, not because he is not on the market.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Decent young player who hasn't had a great season. We have a squad that seriously needs to lower it's average age on a limited budget and people want to sell one of our younger, lower wage earners who is still learning the game and has spent most of the season played out of position? Madness.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Quality player who, as experience of other under-valued players in recent years might tell us, will go on to play at a higher level when he leaves us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems to have bulked up to me. If he can start passing forwards instead of sideways I look forward to seeing him flourish for us next season. If someone makes a half decent bid for him I expect him to go, we NEVER stand in the way of an ambitious player if we can get some money for him.

You can then guarantee, in three years time, there'll be threads saying 'Why did we ever let JFC go'? 'What muppet decided to sell such a good player'? etc

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Decent young player who hasn't had a great season. We have a squad that seriously needs to lower it's average age on a limited budget and people want to sell one of our younger, lower wage earners who is still learning the game and has spent most of the season played out of position? Madness.

Totally agree with you but unfortunately Jake has gone as far as he can with us, for the sake of his own career he needs to move on.It is the same in many other walks of life where trainees have to move on to further their career prospects

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Totally agree with you but unfortunately Jake has gone as far as he can with us, for the sake of his own career he needs to move on.It is the same in many other walks of life where trainees have to move on to further their career prospects

Different question really. No one we have, is unsaleable and if someone came in with £2-2.5m then I'd sell too. Otherwise he stays until his contract runs out or someone makes an offer the club think is acceptable...

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
For me, unfortunately, he lacks power, strength and speed which explains why he can perform for the U21s but is found lacking in adult football.

It really does look like men against boys when he plays in The Championship.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
It's time him and March stepped up from being prospects, both been in and around the first team long enough now to have cemented their place in the first XI

For that to happen they need managing, training and motivating, unfortunately we do not have the management structure in place to develop our young players. Hughton is certainly not up to the job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolute load of rubbish....Take those blinkers off for Christ sakes.
He's going to the lower reaches end of

Anybody who has to type 'end of', in their posts, shows that they haven't got a clue. It's not up to you to decide the 'end of' the discussion.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
When he first burst into the first team JFC looked a real prospect he was chasing down players and had the confidence to shoot from range and was showing a really good range of passing. I remember going to Peterborough away in 2012 when he ran the show with only Buckleys brace and wonder goal stopping him getting MOM. Really thought we had a player who would kick on to command a regular starting spot and be a talent we would build a side around.

However later that season he was replaced with more experience in the starting 11 and drifted into a situation were he was sent out on an unsuccessful loan at Oxford. Since then he has played a holding roll for us, in an advanced position for the U21 and formed part of a nightmare midfield with Gardner.

His confidence in an Albion shirt looks shot to pieces and the sideways passes and tidy (but largely ineffectual and unnoticeable) performances for me are a sign of a player who is more concerned about avoiding mistakes than able to express himself in a way that allows his skills to develop. This is supported by his improved performances for England when he is not under the microscope.

For me Sami let JFC down this season and I believe he is now at a crossroads in his career where he needs to decide on and nail down a preferred position. It would be in his and our interests for him to go out on loan and get good run of games, grow in confidence and reignite that early ability he showed to positively influence the outcome of games.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Anybody who has to type 'end of', in their posts, shows that they haven't got a clue. It's not up to you to decide the 'end of' the discussion.
You want a bet then?
He will be in the lower leagues and end up like jake Robinson...He offers nothing on the pitch and mostly you never realise he's there until he gives a foul away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here