Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC to Wolves?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
JFC has a good touch, but he's a stat player, makes a lot of complete passes on paper but they're all back, sideways and 5 feet in distance.

He has no pace at 21 years old, he's not going to get any quicker.

Plodding slow tempo football in the U21's probably suits his game, he's not going to come under huge pressure like he will in English league football.

No way he starts in our midfield so he's a squad player at the moment.

If Wolves want to spunk £4 mill on him I'd snatch their hands off.

Someone on here once said that he'd had his game coached out of him to become the 'stat player' you mention. On a brighter note, Tilley looked the opposite of a stat player on Saturday: he either laid it off first touch (which went wrong sometimes), or carried the ball some distance; he wasn't playing percentages. Let's hope he doesn't have that coached out of him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolute bollox the lot of you. He's the next big thing in football and whichever Championship club he's with this season is nailed on for promotion. Asking price of 10m and accept nothing less than 8m.

( :flypig:Who know's which scouts or journalists are having a good nose on NSC for info :dunce:)

if he was worth 10 million there would be 20 to 30 clubs in England and around europe all sniffing around him to take him off our hands. The fact that there are not tends to suggest that he has not progressed any further than he was at the age of say 18 or 19.

For me he is one of these guys who looks like he is a good player but his influence on a match tends to be minimal. I hope he gets better if he stays but at this point in time, if someone offered a big fee for him then i would take it because he hasn't shown enough not to take it

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
JFC to Wolves?

WOLVES

Brighton's Jake Forster-Caskey has emerged as a potential target for Wolves.

The midfielder was the standout player for the Seagulls last season and a regular starter for Gareth Southgate's England Under-21's.

Very much at ease on the ball, Caskey is well-known for his ferocious left-foot.

Kenny Jackett is happy to loan at least one of his rookie stoppers now Wolves are no longer on a goalkeeping “alert”.

Wolves had looked a little thin on the goalkeeping ground when Aaron McCarey’s drugs probe was ongoing and following the departure of Tomasz Kuszczak.

But with McCarey now eligible, young keepers Jon Flatt and Harry Burgoyne could be loaned out to assist their development

I'm speechless...

Please God let's hope so!!!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Bloody typical - here we are selling off our best talent to our competitors - what's the matter with this club???? Barber OUT!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing wrong with selling JFC if we get a decent fee, and a very decent sell on clause.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
where have you been for the last few seasons....not the Amex, that's for sure !!

I was just going to post the very same, perhaps it was a joke.

Frankly he is a nice kid and I wish him well. But he has too much of the Ray Wilkins about him, not positive enough. At this time the club need to get the ball forward faster. I doubt he'll get on the field that much, sell him, loan him out, anything to save his salary to bolster the pay of a more dynamic signing.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I was just going to post the very same, perhaps it was a joke.

Frankly he is a nice kid and I wish him well. But he has too much of the Ray Wilkins about him, not positive enough. At this time the club need to get the ball forward faster. I doubt he'll get on the field that much, sell him, loan him out, anything to save his salary to bolster the pay of a more dynamic signing.

The same Ray Wilkins who played for Man Utd, Milan and PSG amongst others and has over 80 England caps?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What is wrong with a player like that? You need them in the squad. You just don't want an entire midfield of them just like you don't want one full of flair pacey attacking players. You need balance, JFC is part of that balance.

It is just that some fans are too thick to notice this.

I'd take £4 mill for one thats for sure

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
1.75 million I reckon and he's off! Super Leeds champions of Europe and all that.* We just can't compete with that sort of pedigree we are pure mongrels ( in a nice cuddly cross bred puppy way)*

*oh its Wolves.

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The same Ray Wilkins who played for Man Utd, Milan and PSG amongst others and has over 80 England caps?

Yes that one. And I know who he played for, but thanks for reminding me. Played like a crab and IMO just about the the most negative international footballer of all time. A great component of 'play the way your facing' tactics.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
4-2-3-1 requires two left-footed midfielders and we have only got one! Unless Solly March is classed as a midfielder.

Or, arguably we are weak on our left hand side.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Like so many players over the years like Barnes, Mellor, Binney and Towner, we will only realise how good he is once he has gone. If JFC stays, it would be nice if the crowd got behind him. Apart from Peter Ward, have we ever had an England U21 international playing regularly for us?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Like so many players over the years like Barnes, Mellor, Binney and Towner, we will only realise how good he is once he has gone. If JFC stays, it would be nice if the crowd got behind him. Apart from Peter Ward, have we ever had an England U21 international playing regularly for us?

Zamora, Hinshelwood & Harding had U21 games whilst playing for us.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes that one. And I know who he played for, but thanks for reminding me. Played like a crab and IMO just about the the most negative international footballer of all time. A great component of 'play the way your facing' tactics.

If you think Ray Wilkins was a bad player then I think I'm fighting a losing battle and I'll bail out here. Although if JFC has half the career Ray Wilkins had I'm sure he will be pretty happy. Also, what is wrong with a player who keeps possession and moves the ball on (there is a lot more to his game though).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Deschamps, Ince, Makelele, Mascherano, Giles, Silva, Simeone, Gattuso, Tardelli, Dunga not all footballers take on 5 players and then score a screamer

(Note : I am not comparing JFC to any of these, just trying to show that you need balance in a team)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here