Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jfc tackled by himself

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If JFC showed the quality of Ravel Morrison another young midfielder then I would agree with some of the posts on here.

Does a young midfirlder need to be of a high enough calibre to play for Man Utd to be any good? At least he has a better temperament both on and off the field

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Hahaha - here we go again! Any disagreement with the established 'view' makes u an idiot - sorry but many of us simply do not rate jfc - he seems to be undroppable even when he plays poorly, imo he's had some really poor games this season and yet plays every game - baffling

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Which is a mystery to every one i know.

How many people do you know (including yourself) who understand 1% of football as well as Southgate, Poyet, Garcia and Hyypia?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No one plays a better 5 yard back pass better than JFC.......FACT!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didn't paddy do just the same in the second half.

There is always comedy moments in the game.....JFC attempted cross, gardners long ball out to the wing where no one was and the ball went out to touch, paddy attempt to cross/ get a corner, and failing miserably, their midfielder hacking the ball sideways whilst aiming for the goal, KLL falling on his arse when trying to run around the full back.

Thing is instead of just one, we seem to be overwhelmed by comedy moments.

And what was ogrady doing being sent on in injury time, when we needed a big lad to take on the giant at the back?

Curious tactics.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He wasn't TERRIBLE today by any means, but I rarely come away thinking he's really done much. Not a great passer, not particularly inventive, not much of a presence. I struggle to remember any significant contribution he makes, he's just very much a "meh" player. The best I can say of him is that he knits things together sometimes, plays the simple ball in the middle. But he's not by any means a matchwinner or a gamechanger. And when he's not playing, I can't say I ever miss him.

I'd say the same about Gardner as well tbh. They're both largely anonymous in the middle of the park, which is one of the reasons why we will always struggle to control a game.

JFC (and the same goes for Gardner and Ince) will look much better players if they have some creative players to play off. Combining these battling midfielder types all together at the same time is guarenteed to make them all look pedestrian. Sami's fault - a negative midfield selection

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Today wasn't his greatest game but I have to say I am getting really frustrated with the stick he gets. He works really hard and I think he is one of the players that actually cares about how we do. He lacks the build for role he plays but do genuinely think he has kicked on this year. As some have said on this thread he will play in the prem sadly won't be with us!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Well he's a good player for a midtable championship team. If we were ever serious about promotion I assume he wouldn't get in the team every week.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
He wasn't TERRIBLE today by any means, but I rarely come away thinking he's really done much. Not a great passer, not particularly inventive, not much of a presence. I struggle to remember any significant contribution he makes, he's just very much a "meh" player. The best I can say of him is that he knits things together sometimes, plays the simple ball in the middle. But he's not by any means a matchwinner or a gamechanger. And when he's not playing, I can't say I ever miss him.

I'd say the same about Gardner as well tbh. They're both largely anonymous in the middle of the park, which is one of the reasons why we will always struggle to control a game.

I pretty much agree with this. I would add that he is not a strong tackler (like Bridcutt for example) or any good in the air (like Bridcutt who is a similar size). He lacks pace which leads him to commit fouls when trying to regain / retain possession. Specifically today he was not making himself available. He was constantly sitting in little holes where he could not receive the ball instead of making 5 or 10 yard advances to make himself available.

In his defence, he is young, he said he is feeling his legs prior to the game (in his post match interview) and he did have some talent evident in his early appearances under Poyet. It seems clear to me he has gone backwards as a player and is now an average midfielder in a poor team. I find this frustrating because he does not appear to be deveolping into the player he had the potential to be.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It's funny that this witch hunt of one of our youngsters continues week in week out, when only a couple of seasons back people were claiming him to be the saviour of the team. The poor lads confidence must be in the toilet.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
And what was ogrady doing being sent on in injury time, when we needed a big lad to take on the giant at the back?

Curious tactics.

What is the obsession with the 'big man up front'? Last year Liverpool's very successful attack was sterling, sturridge and Suarez. Pace and movement over cart horse power.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Certainly not one of JFC better games of late, Ince and Gardner both had good games today, a bit churlish to pick on that one incident and single it out, as good as Ince was I could still pick out several incidents during the game where he made very basic errors. JFC has been out most consistent midfielder this season by some way. Wether that says a lot about the rest of our midfield is up for debate but those in my opinion are the facts. Until we get a forward in who can actually hold te ball up and bring the team 20 yards up the pitch our midfield will always look poor in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here