Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC retains England U-21 place...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Well done Jake fantastic prospect we have been putting far to much pressure on the lad but now with Kyal and Stevens back hopefully it will take the pressure off him so he can develop into the player I am sure he can be just needs to iron out the silly tackles in dangerous areas

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or worse, he's just the best we got coming through the english ranks

It is certainly a sign of the total lack of young English talent. I cannot imagine other major footballing nations having to drop to the foot of their second tier for players.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good lad and well deserved. His performances for the U21s have generally been pretty good.
And no where near as bad as people make out for us.
This.

From what I have seen he has looked a better player in an England shirt than a Brighton one. Playing for us he seems to not entirely know what his role is. For England he gets higher up the pitch to support the strikers and has much more impact in the game.

I assume the system we are currently playing does not allow him to show what he can do or playing alongside better players means he has more confidence in those around him.
This.
It saddens me to see the abuse a home grown player gets on here. It's bizarre. Football fans generally want to see home grown players coming through their ranks. Yet we have one who has represented England youth teams from the U-16's up to the U-21's. He's a player we should be really proud of. Instead there's a vocal element who seem to delight in attacking and denigrating him. They seem to take a perverse joy in slagging him off. It's a sad and frankly pathetic state of affairs.

And all of this.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Will he still be picked once he has been sent out on loan to a League 1 club next season ?

What a load of tosh.

Even if Brighton do release him (which they would be stupid to do) pretty much every single championship club would snap him up and a fair number of Premiership Clubs.

Decent young player, from what I've seen and doesn't look out of place in the U21s at all, in fact as been one of the better players in recent games.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It is certainly a sign of the total lack of young English talent. I cannot imagine other major footballing nations having to drop to the foot of their second tier for players.

A quick check on recent squads show France,Holland and Germany have called up, or recently called up second tier players by the look of things.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good lad and well deserved. His performances for the U21s have generally been pretty good.
And no where near as bad as people make out for us.

This.

Wasn't great at the start of the season but that is largely because hapless Hyypia played far too deep, he is pushed further up for England.

Hasn't become a bad player overnight and remains one of our most promising players.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
This.

Wasn't great at the start of the season but that is largely because hapless Hyypia played far too deep, he is pushed further up for England.

Hasn't become a bad player overnight and remains one of our most promising players.

No he probably didnt - but when did he become a good player? Im still waiting.

Having seen hime play a lot of games now, I am competely baffled as to how he became a regular for either Brighton or England. Hes not even the best midfielder Ive seen playing for our under 21 team, both Richards, Monakana, and the departed Kasim looked far better.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What a load of tosh.

Even if Brighton do release him (which they would be stupid to do) pretty much every single championship club would snap him up and a fair number of Premiership Clubs.

Decent young player, from what I've seen and doesn't look out of place in the U21s at all, in fact as been one of the better players in recent games.

He maybe good enough for England U21s but is too error prone in bread and butter league games. Needs a year out on loan in the league below to develop and then re-evaluate. Hughton and Calderwood sussed him out straight away.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Seriously - he is a young Brighton talent and has bee recognised as good enough to represent his country. Little doubt that there is more to come from him in the years ahead. Let's just be very happy that we have an Enhland U21 - we would have two without the injury.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He maybe good enough for England U21s but is too error prone in bread and butter league games. Needs a year out on loan in the league below to develop and then re-evaluate. Hughton and Calderwood sussed him out straight away.

So he is good enough to play/start in a cup for the 8 best youth teams in Europe, but is league 1 standard. Brilliant

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So he is good enough to play/start in a cup for the 8 best youth teams in Europe, but is league 1 standard. Brilliant

Our other England U21er , Solly March does cut the mustard in The Championship.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well deserved. Has played well for England U21s. Sadly under Hyppia he didn't get rested physically or mentally when he should have been and that set him back this season. Look how differently Hughton is dealing with Ince.

JFC is a good player and is highly rated for all the right reasons. He will come good for us.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a load of tosh.

Lol....nobody is ever looking to snap JFC up and certainly no prem clubs would bother with him and virtually all championship clubs also.
No way will he ever play in the prem as his level will be league 1 at best...
Can't shoot
No pace
No creativity
Most people can see talent and JFC will be a lower league fodder at best as he just doesn't improve year after year....Harsh but true.

How much would you value him at then seriously?
I'd say about 300k at a big push:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here