Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Jessie Lingard

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Can't believe the amount of crap chucked Lingard's way on this board. He was very good for us and a big part of the reason Oscar was able to achieve a play-off place. He's had a rough couple of years under Solskjær but still has the opportunity to rebuild. That Teixeira is remembered more fondly stumps me.

Do we need him? Not really. Do we have any chance of getting him? No. Does he deserve the scorn he gets? No.

Taking the piss after we’d been spanked in the play-offs by Derby have earned him a full time spot on the **** list.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
JLingz joining WHU on loan until the end of the season. They are paying £3m loan fee plus 75% of his 120k per week wages. Outstanding signing for a side having a terrific season.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
JLingz joining WHU on loan until the end of the season. They are paying £3m loan fee plus 75% of his 120k per week wages. Outstanding signing for a side having a terrific season.

Well, it's an outstanding signing for Manchester United, yes.

I bet OGS has only just parked his car back on his drive after the completing the round trip to east London and back in record time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well, it's an outstanding signing for Manchester United, yes.

I bet OGS has only just parked his car back on his drive after the completing the round trip to east London and back in record time.

:D

As an aside the number of strikers WH have signed since the current owners took charge ..10 years (?)...is over 50 (according to a discussion on TS)...good going :moo:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
13 pages and has anyone managed to spell his first name correctly yet? A brief glance suggests not

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rumours JLingz in talks with Nice about a loan move there. Surely we can compete with Nice on wages, would be an incredible coup for the club.

Hopefully 'the club' doesn't mean us. Bound for Wet Sham ...........................

........................................ please

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Used to really like him and thought he’d make a top Championship player or borderline Prem one. Can’t see why any Prem team would want him at 40k a week on last 5 years form, but worth a punt as free transfer. At 140k surely not an asset.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Delighted he's gone to someone other than us, but disappointed he didn't end up at West Brom. That would have guaranteed their relegation. All the best to West Ham for the rest of the season!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Really good signing for West Ham, would have loved us to have got him.

But of course according to a lot of fans on here he’s not good enough for Brighton but turns out he is for the team currently 5th in the league.

There's a lot of bitterness and resentment about players, I know the majority are vacuous mercenaries, but the vitriolic hate because they're not coming to play for BHA for relative peanuts is quite astounding.

Interesting to note that when players do arrive and play well they're almost univerally loved!

Lingard on a bad day is better than the majority of our players or he wouldn't be at Manure. THats the reality for teams like these.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lingard on a bad day is better than the majority of our players or he wouldn't be at Manure. THats the reality for teams like these.

That’s just bonkers.

Lingard is a luxury attacking midfielder who needs to score regularly or assist constantly to keep his place in any side. He hasn’t been doing the business for a few years.

In terms of the attacking midfield role, whilst I’d swap Tross for Lingz, we have players with more potential than this overpaid average Premier League midfielder. Mac will be a better player and maybe is already, Tau has more tricks, Groß runs further and is better at set-pieces and passing and Lallana is so much more creative.

He has been found out at Utd for being a mid to lower table EPL player, we’re looking for the likes of Lamptey, White & Bissouma, not a has been like Lingz.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's a lot of bitterness and resentment about players, I know the majority are vacuous mercenaries, but the vitriolic hate because they're not coming to play for BHA for relative peanuts is quite astounding.

Interesting to note that when players do arrive and play well they're almost univerally loved!

Three words - Salford’s James Wilson

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really good signing for West Ham, would have loved us to have got him.

But of course according to a lot of fans on here he’s not good enough for Brighton but turns out he is for the team currently 5th in the league.

I'd save that until he actually does something...

Think it could go very well or very bad. We'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here