Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jesse Marsch…what a ******

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cant remember many managers carded at the Amex…but this guy is heading for a coronary if he keeps his antics up…..it seemed like every decision that didnt go their way then he was jumping up and down and in the ear of the forth official …is he mates with Tuchel?

Asked to comment on the ref….i never said a word when we played Chelsea and Barnsley….hmm was that because you won them Jess?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was an initial card for a manager, until recently, sent to the stands?

I didn’t realise he could still stay in the dugout.

Was hoping he’d get a second yellow for sarcastically applauding the approaching ref.

And what’s with the crouching for a dump, every time we took a freekick?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He was quite something, wasn't he?

He had an issue with pretty much every decision made and was at the fourth official throughout the whole game.

I'm not sure why he lost it at the time he did either. My take was that we committed a foul, the ref let them play on with the advantage but then he pulled it back for their free-kick as they'd lost possession. Decent refereeing, I thought, but for some reason it seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

I was fearing they'd nab an equaliser and we'd have to put up with his crazy celebrations down the touchline but, fortunately, it wasn't to be.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I apologize for my fellow American gents:thumbsup:

And really I think the stress of managing Leeds with how their fans are is going to wear him down sooner rather than later.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was hoping he’d get a second yellow for sarcastically applauding the approaching ref.

I said exactly the same, It should have been one yellow for the ball histrionics and an immediate second for the sarcastic clapping.

It would have been the icing on the cake.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
He was quite something, wasn't he?

He had an issue with pretty much every decision made and was at the fourth official throughout the whole game.

I'm not sure why he lost it at the time he did either. My take was that we committed a foul, the ref let them play on with the advantage but then he pulled it back for their free-kick as they'd lost possession. Decent refereeing, I thought, but for some reason it seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

I was fearing they'd nab an equaliser and we'd have to put up with his crazy celebrations down the touchline but, fortunately, it wasn't to be.

Mcallister was kicking the heels of one of his players as he tracked back trying to get the ball. Did it about 2 or 3 times. They then gave the ball away and fouled and he gave us a free kick.

He then did his dying Swan act. Literally on his knees giving it the Jesus arms and putting his head in his hand. The utter bellend.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
OK. So he isn't a bell end. He's an intelligent man.

The histrionics are carefully calculated. He knows his continued employment is dependent on his popularity with the Leeds fans. This popularity is on a knife edge with the majority of Leeds fans who would have preferred to follow Bielsa is some sort of relegation death cult.

"Showing some passion" and widly over exaggerated sycophancy to the fanbase is his plan to keep his job. It's a good plan. He's clocked straight away what an incredibly insecure, needy and frankly stupid set of people this fanbase includes. If he can't deliver results, which we won't be able to every week, with what is probably a lower mid table squad he'll have to find these other ways to keep them onside.

I'm happy we have someone above that, but i'm confident, we would soon see through such obvious falsehood.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

The histrionics are carefully calculated. He knows his continued employment is dependent on his popularity with the Leeds fans. This popularity is on a knife edge with the majority of Leeds fans who would have preferred to follow Bielsa is some sort of relegation death cult.

"Showing some passion" and widly over exaggerated sycophancy to the fanbase is his plan to keep his job. It's a good plan. He's clocked straight away what an incredibly insecure, needy and frankly stupid set of people this fanbase includes. If he can't deliver results, which we won't be able to every week, with what is probably a lower mid table squad he'll have to find these other ways to keep them onside.

I'm happy we have someone above that, but i'm confident, we would soon see through such obvious falsehood.

I thought the exact same thing. You've put it better than I would've done.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’ve got no beef with him generally. Was a real tart today though

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Was an initial card for a manager, until recently, sent to the stands?

I didn’t realise he could still stay in the dugout.

And what’s with the crouching for a dump, every time we took a freekick?

Yellow cards for managers are new I think. Previously only reds were issued.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Good summary. Just a macho act designed to appeal to their deluded fan base.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Looked a prick and spoke like one afterwards, he and Leeds well suited. Today they tried to bully the game. He would call it high press. I call it acting like thugs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here