Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jesse Lingard

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You mean looking after his younger brothers & sisters while his mum has been seriously ill ? And them moving in with him and being home schooled?

I do agree he does not help himself with some of the stuff on social media but at the end of the day he is a human and taking on much more than most 20-something year olds as well as expected to perform at the biggest football club in the world.

No, Why would you think THAT? I mean the number of other business interests he seems to get involved in that take his mind off his football.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don't think he'd add to the dressing room, seems a bit big time Charlie?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A fully fit Lingard, motivated by the prospect of Playing at the Euros and World Cup? Yes please.
Very talented player.
Would fit in well with Potterball.
United would need to pay a large share of his wages though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Tony Bloom doesn’t pay £100k per week plus wages.

This would also mean that Dunk, Stephens, Gross, Propper, Jahanbakhsh and Propper would get £40k per week pay rises.

On wages alone, with employers national insurance, adding £20m to our annual cost base and losses.

On that basis, Lingard won’t be joining us.

He his next club, has CP, Everton, West Ham or Villa written all over it. Each have no interest in controlling costs or their top wages.

Agree, this is why I don’t see it happening.

If JL was willing to take a pay cut, (and wouldn’t that be refreshing?) it’s definitely a go er. We’re on the up, exciting manager, play exciting football, he wants to stay in the Prem, in the window for England, the Ashworth connection etc.

A lot of this does make a lot of sense and I can see why a journo would buy it. All apart from the wages.

And, we appear to have put a lot of faith in our academy, our U21s, getting a Man U player on the decline with a huge wage doesn’t align with that strategy.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I just don't see where he'd fit into Potter's plans?

He's already held the final auditions for this years production of Widow Twanky.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
According to the Independent today West Ham and Everton leading the chase for him, both prepared to match his £110k per week wages. This probably rules us out.

:nono:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
West Ham are worse than Palace when it comes to paying wages.... And that is saying something

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
According to the Independent today West Ham and Everton leading the chase for him, both prepared to match his £110k per week wages. This probably rules us out.

Classic West Ham.

"We might go bankrupt if we get relegated!", then secure their spot in the 11th hour and sign Lingard on a £110k wage to ensure that they wont be in a better spot or off the field next year.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He’s good, but nowhere near £110k per week good.

No, he's not. He doesn't score goals and he doesn't create them. He contributes nothing to the team and seems a bad influence off the pitch, although that's subjective. Whoever signs him will be bringing in a pup who will not add anything positive.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018

He Strikes me as a bit of a similar type to Lee Sharpe. Talented young player, but seemingly become more interested with life off the field and starting to effect him on the field. Wouldn’t be surprised if he quickly fell down the leagues. No idea why a club would pay this amount for him!?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9407672 said:
He'll probably prefer going to Everton rather than London as he has family ties to the north west

I wouldn't be so sure, moving to London will give him a better opportunity to further his 'JLingz' brand and social media presence, he's an absolute hoot on Tick Tock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here