Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jesse Lingard

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Attacking player playing in a top team... got less assists than Dale Stephens. Adam Webster and Lewis Dunk this season.

Washed up, and Gareth Southgate being wrong doesnt change it.

Fewer. It's fewer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jesse Lingard is the worst "footballer" ever to play for England. Even Michael Ricketts was effective at what he did. Lingard is a nothing "footballer" who has no future in the game.

I presume by 'future' you mean captaining England to the world cup final, scoring the winning goal and holding the trophy aloft while ladies and some gentlemen swoon.

Yep. You are probably right :shrug:.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Jesse Lingard is the worst "footballer" ever to play for England. Even Michael Ricketts was effective at what he did. Lingard is a nothing "footballer" who has no future in the game.

You are of course wrong - both in your opinion and statistically

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
1. Wages.
2. Where does he fit?
3. Seems a decent lad but massively overrated.

I'm out.

Yes pretty much how I would assess it. He'd think it was a stepdown too. On the social side him and Montoya could swap notes on meticulous eye brow shaping :D

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think he has been concentrating too much on non football related ambitions and taken his finger off the pulse.
Shame for him because if he had been advised better he could have continued to be a top top player. I would only take him on if he chucked the baggage and got focussed on his football. He could be a big player for us but I don’t think he will have the discipline to do it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He would fit right in at Palace for when Wilf goes, and they can afford stupid money.... sorry pay stupid money

Could be a player + cash swap deal that could be worked out between the two clubs.

Lingard goes one way, Wilf + £20m goes the other.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he has been concentrating too much on non football related ambitions and taken his finger off the pulse.
Shame for him because if he had been advised better he could have continued to be a top top player. I would only take him on if he chucked the baggage and got focussed on his football. He could be a big player for us but I don’t think he will have the discipline to do it.

You mean looking after his younger brothers & sisters while his mum has been seriously ill ? And them moving in with him and being home schooled?

I do agree he does not help himself with some of the stuff on social media but at the end of the day he is a human and taking on much more than most 20-something year olds as well as expected to perform at the biggest football club in the world.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Jesse Lingard or JLingz as he likes to be known would be an incredible signing and a real statement of intent.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
You mean looking after his younger brothers & sisters while his mum has been seriously ill ? And them moving in with him and being home schooled?

I do agree he does not help himself with some of the stuff on social media but at the end of the day he is a human and taking on much more than most 20-something year olds as well as expected to perform at the biggest football club in the world.

I read this a while back. Therefore doubt he would locate too far from The North West for family reasons. Sort of signing Everton often make from Utd.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Sometimes players need a change to get that excitement back. Maybe he has just been there too long.

I remember us getting a player in on loan not long ago. He wasn't wanted by his parent club, he was training (I believe) with the Youth Team, and by his own admission had stopped looking at the team sheet because he knew he wouldn't be on it. I think they even paid a large chunk of his wages just to get shot.
The player was Wayne Bridge. Does anyone regret us taking that chance on him?

If GP thinks a season long loan would be good for us and him, that is good enough for me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sometimes players need a change to get that excitement back. Maybe he has just been there too long.

I remember us getting a player in on loan not long ago. He wasn't wanted by his parent club, he was training (I believe) with the Youth Team, and by his own admission had stopped looking at the team sheet because he knew he wouldn't be on it. I think they even paid a large chunk of his wages just to get shot.
The player was Wayne Bridge. Does anyone regret us taking that chance on him?

If GP thinks a season long loan would be good for us and him, that is good enough for me.

Wayne Bridge was a super-pro for all of his career though. Yes he got benched both at Chelsea and Man City but that was all because of obscene competition, whenever he played he was consistent and good. Same cant be said for Lingard who's been poor for two seasons despite being given endless chances.

I dont think he would be awful if he came, but to me he is just another player who got overhyped because of being English and now lingers around in people's mind as this up-and-coming superstar. Another Bentley, Agbonlahor, Townsend, Sinclair, Zaha type who shines for a few seasons, gets hailed as the future of English football and ends up as a, at best, decent PL player, or more commonly as someone who's career is dead by the time they turn 30.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not too sure I can take 'Wayne Bridge' talk from someone who didn't know of the Albion, while Bridge played for us.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
My gut feeling is that his talents are just a little lost and it needs someone like Potter to unravel him. At the right money its a yes from me. After all Lingard is still youngish at 27

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Geoff Thomas, Carlton Palmer.
2 'player's ' that disprove your theory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here