Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
and now called up for England on Tuesday :ohmy:

What a shambles we are, a 22 year old with 12 league goals, 1 in the top division, picked for England and whether you're a fan or not, you couldn't say he stood out for either Brighton or Derby. The U21s don't look too special either, future isn't looking too hot....

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Have to assume that Lingards inclusion is one to introduce him to the squad and the senior England set up like they did with Callum Chambers. Still more a one for the future, then one ready right now.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The U21s don't look too special either, future isn't looking too hot....

What a retarded post.

That's because a load of our young players are in the main squad who are eligible for u21s.

Kane
Sterling
Wilshere
Butland
Stones
Barkley
Alli
Dier
Shaw
Chamberlain

That's a whole 11, just missing a right back in our full squad.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
If he didn't play for Man Utd he'd have no chance of a call up.

Why doesn't Hodgson look to the Championship? Andre Gray or Nick Blackman are better options than Lingard

Good player but as you say if he didn't play for Utd he'd be no where near England full international. Still can't believe Jones gets picked, I wouldn't want him anywhere near our defence.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What a retarded post.

That's because a load of our young players are in the main squad who are eligible for u21s.

Kane
Sterling
Wilshere
Butland
Stones
Barkley
Alli
Dier
Shaw
Chamberlain

That's a whole 11, just missing a right back in our full squad.

Fairly immature opening line, however - Isn't that just a list of half decent mainly 21-23 year olds? Just because there's some young players in the national side, doesn't make the U21s look they're packed full of quality.

Are you suggesting that we really do have a strong set of U21s??

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fairly immature opening line, however - Isn't that just a list of half decent mainly 21-23 year olds? Just because there's some young players in the national side, doesn't make the U21s look they're packed full of quality.

Are you suggesting that we really do have a strong set of U21s??
Those players listed would make a pretty strong U21 team, I imagine.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Both look good this season in The Championship which is the 2nd tier in this country lets wait and see how they do in the top tier.

Northern Ireland topped their qualifying group fielding only 3 players who play in the English top flight. The Premier league is not the world class standard of football the marketing people would have you believe.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He must have improved dramatically from when I last saw him playing for the Albion. I am not much of a fan of England or Hodgson but are we really that pushed for players these days? Bloody hell we ARE a third rate Football nation in that case

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Those players listed would make a pretty strong U21 team, I imagine.

They may well have done, but they're not a set of U21 players are they, so while many of the. Are still 'eligible', don't you want to see the U21s chock full of 18-20 year olds showing immense promise? That's not what I see - Are you honestly excited about the set of youngsters coming through?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They may well have done, but they're not a set of U21 players are they, so while many of the. Are still 'eligible', don't you want to see the U21s chock full of 18-20 year olds showing immense promise? That's not what I see - Are you honestly excited about the set of youngsters coming through?
I never said anything about wanting anything, or being excited or otherwise, or what should or should not happen. I merely commented that the players he listed would make a pretty strong team at U21 level, that's all. And I still think that comment is pretty accurate.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Still think that Tex has more potential and will turn out to be much better

Willing to hold my hand up and say I wasn't THAT Impressed by Lingard or Wood, who so many were creaming themselves about when he scored a couple of goals for Millwall and Leicester.

Tex, however, could sometimes really excite me in a much worse team than Lingard played in

Revised this view?

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7142669 said:
Proving a lot of NSC's finest wrong... Who'd have thunk it?

I do not think so, he was judged on his performances here, not a season later.

He has though since returning to United been magnificent.

ps, that tonge is going to make someone very happy..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here