Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard SIGNS on LOAN

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Players who show potential get contract extensions when you think they'll end up being released unless they get too big headed.

I'm hoping Moyes hates him, he immediately starts banging in a a goal a game, goes clubbing with Leo his new best mate, meets a nice girl from Coldean and never wants to leave so tells manure where to stick their extension

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Great signing - not that much of a shock- he has played for Birmingham this season.

Absolutely zero chance of signing him permanently.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Very happy about this signing, could push us into play-off position come the end of the season.

I have a mate who is a Man U fan (I know...........) He said he would like to see Lingard and Zaha get a chance in their 1st team!(He watches a lot of the Man U channel stuff)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
“Obviously my main aim is to play at Manchester United, but in the short term I am pleased to be here at Brighton and see this as a big stepping stone in my career. If I can help the team get promoted via the play offs, that will be massive.

I would love to have the chance to come back here for another loan period in the Premier League. Getting to the play-offs has to be my main aim while I am here.”

Jesse, if you get us promoted you can come back whenever you want

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
“Obviously my main aim is to play at Manchester United, but in the short term I am pleased to be here at Brighton and see this as a big stepping stone in my career. If I can help the team get promoted via the play offs, that will be massive.

"I would love to have the chance to come back here for another loan period in the Premier League. Getting to the play-offs has to be my main aim while I am here.”

Jesse, if you get us promoted you can come back whenever you want

He's using us as a stepping stone?! The nerve...

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Crikey come home and see the KingCole job "sticky" and think that is the news of the day, really surprised by this one, out of the Blue(s), couldn't stop scoring at Brum, they must be disappointed, great signing.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Holy moly...possibly the best loan deal we've pulled off since.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Not sure if it's been mentioned already, I haven't read through all the posts but he had a very good pre season with united at the start of the season, him and januzaj were the standout players. Great signing!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Young prospect viewed highly at United, has yet to achieve anything in the game. Nothing more nothing less.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Presumably Lingard wants to spend the rest of his season playing for a club who have a decent chance of achieving something.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've given up being excited as they've all been disappointing apart from Conway so I don't expect nothing different this time round but hope I'm proved wrong.

Piss-taking and all that aside, I take on board your scepticism but I think you've called this wrong matey. He might well be as bad as Obika or he could be as good as Zamora but bearing in mind who we are and this is a loan signing I think this is just about as good a player as is out there at the moment and available for loan. If he was any better he'd be in their first team or would have been sold in the latest transfer window.

It's always a gamble but he represents a definite intention and movement in the right direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here