Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jermain Defoe

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I know you're trying to be funny but I genuinely have a lot of respect to Adams.

I'm not at all, he came across as a very decent chap, certainly had more personality than most guests they have on and has done a tremendous job turnung his life around.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I could still see him ending up playing for
United!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not at all, he came across as a very decent chap, certainly had more personality than most guests they have on and has done a tremendous job turnung his life around.

Apologies. I misunderstood.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What channel, would like to view this catch up.

Have know Defoe is a good bloke for a while as know someone who has lots of dealings with him from a charity point of view.

Been through a fair bit as well.

Good record for England. Should get more game time IMO
its on again at 11pm Friday night itv4.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Personally I do not like vain people. So in this sense it matters to me. Also, I do wonder if the charity is running at it's optimal level if the figure head is a footballer of dubious merit and morals. Far better to have someone who is not as divisive at the helm? And looking at Jermain Defoe's website and his gala dinner I feel really uncomfortable with photos of people back-slapping each other in tuxedos in some swanky venue when they are raising money for disadvanted people. It's very off-putting and the focus does not seem to be 100% on the cause. I cannot help but think that if his time and money were put to better use then the charitable return would be much higher.

Bit harsh that. They made between 80-100k that night. It's a project set up by him and his family to help out, they've done all the leg work without much guidance, and brought in some big names to help raise awareness. He doesn't have to do it, it's a cause that is clearly close to his heart and it's set up for life.

The charity probably isn't running at an optimal level. It's been going for about 10 months.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
And Mears was not the only bimbo WAG he has dumped sometimes after getting engaged.
For me he has never done anything on or off the pitch to make me dislike him.
He has always been a great striker for West Ham, Spurs, Bournemouth and England, always seemed to give 100%
For all the above reasons (especially the first) Jermain is ok in my book.

'Jermaine Defoe bites Javier Macherano' (see utube)
However I also like him as a player and he has grown up a lot after having a few personal tragedies in his life.
He comes across pretty well in interviews and he is ok in my book too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here