Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento [1/1/24 - Recalled from West Brom loan]

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No March for the rest of the season, Adingra & Mitoma both out injured and looked tired prior to injuries. Having one more option is a sensible idea

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
No March for the rest of the season, Adingra & Mitoma both out injured and looked tired prior to injuries. Having one more option is a sensible idea
I agree we have talented players like Sarmiento and Ayari. Sent out on loan to toughen them up and appreciate how good it is to be part of the Brighton squad. Regardless of playing

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He's played on the wing many many times. I don't know if he's played in central midfield more, but I don't think it makes sense to say he's not a winger with the amount of times he's played there.
think he started his career as a winger

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I agree we have talented players like Sarmiento and Ayari. Sent out on loan to toughen them up and appreciate how good it is to be part of the Brighton squad. Regardless of playing
Yes, the club are well within their rights to insist he stays with us, so as not to fall foul of the 3 club rule, as we are presumably paying him lots. And doubtless it would help in the next 6 weeks or so until we are at full strength again -we hope! But after that, we might have a rather resentful young man on our hands, who might regard long-term bench warming, if it came to that, as a retrograde step, when he could be regularly playing week in-week out.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes, the club are well within their rights to insist he stays with us, so as not to fall foul of the 3 club rule, as we are presumably paying him lots. And doubtless it would help in the next 6 weeks or so until we are at full strength again -we hope! But after that, we might have a rather resentful young man on our hands, who might regard long-term bench warming, if it came to that, as a retrograde step, when he could be regularly playing week in-week out.
I just don't think it will be like that.

Look at the amount of rotation we do. Even if all are fit, which is a massive if, he'll get games just like everyone else. We still have 3 fronts to compete on

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agreed. Although, I would hope he was OK with coming back, too. Has he made a huge impact at West Brom?
Their fans really seem to like him, but he rarely starts. He's had a couple of injuries I think and has been used almost exclusively from the bench when fit. He'd have had as much game time if he'd stayed here I reckon.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agreed. Although, I would hope he was OK with coming back, too. Has he made a huge impact at West Brom?
No. But Caicedo didn't on his loan spell.

And we're paying his salary and likely we were paying most of it when he was at the Hawthorns, so if he isn't happy coming back, which there's no evidence at all for, he probably shouldn't have signed the contract

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Their fans really seem to like him, but he rarely starts. He's had a couple of injuries I think and has been used almost exclusively from the bench when fit. He'd have had as much game time if he'd stayed here I reckon.
Agree.

With our rotation policy he'd have played.

In the times he was fit last season, he put in some very impressive performances. At Everton he was magic. Ability isn't the lad's issue, it's fitness

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

I'm not sure he will be bench warming, March out for the rest of the season, no idea when Enciso comes back. I seem to remember he was at least on par with Adringa so should get plenty of game time.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
And how do you suggest we bypass the FIFA rules on max clubs played for in one season?

There is a way around the max club rules. A player can join a club in a league where they have an overlapping season. For example,he could play for us until Mitoma and Adingra are fit and then we could loan him to a club in the MLS. Their next season starts in Feb and is not considered to be the same season as our current 23-24 season. The same applies to places like Sweden and Norway when their seasons start in April.

We did the MLS thing with Jurgen Locadia in the 19-20 season. He played two games for us in August, went to TSG Hoffenheim on loan until January, then returned to us and joined FC Cincinnati in Feb 2020 for the start of their season in March.

Not that I think any of those leagues would be of a suitable level for Sarmiento but there are options out there.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
There is a way around the max club rules. A player can join a club in a league where they have an overlapping season. For example,he could play for us until Mitoma and Adingra are fit and then we could loan him to a club in the MLS. Their next season starts in Feb and is not considered to be the same season as our current 23-24 season. The same applies to places like Sweden and Norway when their seasons start in April.

We did the MLS thing with Jurgen Locadia in the 19-20 season. He played two games for us in August, went to TSG Hoffenheim on loan until January, then returned to us and joined FC Cincinnati in Feb 2020 for the start of their season in March.

Not that I think any of those leagues would be of a suitable level for Sarmiento but there are options out there.
Yes, but somehow I don’t think the poster who suggested we loan him to another club even gave the FIFA rules a thought🤣

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

I can't help but think it would be easier to glue a moustache to his face and register him as a new player called Mr J Smith.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I was really surprised we let him go in the first place, perhaps he wanted to go with the promise of first team football with players like Mitoma Encisco and latterly Andringa seemingly in front of him,I really like him and hopefully he will get a run out, perhaps in the FA cup and he shows the boss he can play the way he wants him to,very pleased he's back,far too good to loan out imo.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here