Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jeremy Corbyn is a 'f***ing disgrace'

SAC

May 21, 2014
Yes, yes he is what he has been labelled, playing fast and loose with UK security policy.

How is he doing this? He's leader of the opposition with very little power. He can vote for or against and advise his MPs to do the same, although I doubt that many would listen to him.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
As a life-long lefty-winger I implore Corbyn to return quietly to his former job of sticking his hand up Sooty's arse.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm sure I'd read a Bozza post stating that he finds political based threads boring and predictable.

no it was a Corbyn fan who said that on another Corbyn thread.

we shouldnt be surprised by this position, he is a pacifist and never hidden this. he wants a political settlement in Syria and thinks this can be achieved by negotiation. bless.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Politics is broken. While you have to admire Corbyn's principles, it certainly appears that you need to apply fear, propaganda and spin to be successful in politics... genuine discussion and debate is all but futile.
He's not being ridiculed for being honest, he's being ridiculed for being daft. For example, he wants to be the leader of a party and country that supports and pays for Trident, and yet he thinks it's wise to say that he'd never use it. This isn't about spin etc, he's just an idiot.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Corbyn is an 80's CND protester who looks like what you'd imagine an 80s CND protestor to look like in his 60s with all his youthful principles still in place. He's trying to be a digital politician with an analogue face.Whatever he says - he won't be heard. Corbyn is not a modern mealy-mouthed politician and yet he's considered to be weak and a disgrace just because he sticks to his principles. Principles that include non-use of nuclear weapons and the avoidance of violent proliferation of conflict. Now if Corbyn was 30 and looked like a modern, digital, sexy version of Jesus (or the west's interpretation of what the 'son' of god looked like) then he might be heard - especially amongst all his digital disciples. A few more (one) charismatic and radical peace preachers to counter the ideological nutters in Syria and beyond might be a bloody good thing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's principled and loves to debate but he's not a leader. Leaders inspire people to follow their principles, but he isn't inspiring his own party.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At times and a charged climate like we're in at the moment, it is easy for an unscrupulous government to carry out all sorts of actions and rush through all sorts of additional legislation that impact on civil liberties.

Frankly it is up to people like Corbyn to stand up against the populist grain, often to great personal cost in terms of abuse from a right-wing press, and express concerns about these things. Ideally I'd have liked to have seen the 'Jihadi John' character caught, interrogated for information that could prevent further attacks and atrocities, and then imprisoned for life. That said (and I did say 'ideally') I know full well it is not always possible to safely extract such individuals, and I'd rather he was bombed than a single UK soldier's life was lost trying to get him out.

One of the problems for me is that I have heard so much ridiculous criticism already of Corbyn from people led by the nose by the Mail, Sun and Telegraph, that there is a certain weariness hearing more of it even if he goes too far and gets things wrong.

And I have absolutely no sympathy for some of these PLP idiots. If they don't have more in common with Corbyn than Cameron, join the Tories. It is shameful the way they have knifed the bloke in the back from day one.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I suspect you're not that much further left than me really. Regardless, I agree on the "disaster" bit. I just don't see how he could ever be PM.

FFS! God help us all, fortunately that will never happen. In fact, I'd sooner Farage was PM than Corbyn, but that won't happen either....will it ? :eek:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Corbyn is an 80's CND protester who looks like what you'd imagine an 80s CND protestor to look like in his 60s with all his youthful principles still in place. He's trying to be a digital politician with an analogue face.Whatever he says - he won't be heard. Corbyn is not a modern mealy-mouthed politician and yet he's considered to be weak and a disgrace just because he sticks to his principles. Principles that include non-use of nuclear weapons and the avoidance of violent proliferation of conflict. Now if Corbyn was 30 and looked like a modern, digital, sexy version of Jesus (or the west's interpretation of what the 'son' of god looked like) then he might be heard - especially amongst all his digital disciples. A few more (one) charismatic and radical peace preachers to counter the ideological nutters in Syria and beyond might be a bloody good thing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And I have absolutely no sympathy for some of these PLP idiots. If they don't have more in common with Corbyn than Cameron, join the Tories. It is shameful the way they have knifed the bloke in the back from day one.

Corbyn's rebelled against his own party hundreds of times and has long had more in common with SWP than his own party. Why shouldn't he have just joined them rather than knife his own party in the back all those times? And just because someone in the PLP is centre-left and far from Corbyn's politics that doesn't automatically make them Tories. All of them have been long-standing Labour party members - it's their party just as much as Corbyn's and his £3 day-saver hipsters.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Disgrace is one word, unelectable is another. By choosing this fellow as leader, Labour have guaranteed Tory governments for the foreseeable future.

Idiotic.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Corbyn's rebelled against his own party hundreds of times and has long had more in common with SWP than his own party. Why shouldn't he have just joined them rather than knife his own party in the back all those times? And just because someone in the PLP is centre-left and far from Corbyn's politics that doesn't automatically make them Tories. All of them have been long-standing Labour party members - it's their party just as much as Corbyn's and his £3 day-saver hipsters.

If they genuinely cared about the Labour Party, rather than their own future ambitions, they would not score so many public own goals against their own party. Corbyn was voted in, rightly or wrongly, with a huge mandate by Labour Party members and it is highly disrespectful of MPs towards their own members to from day one secretly, or not so secretly, try and make sure he is out as soon as possible.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If they genuinely cared about the Labour Party, rather than their own future ambitions, they would not score so many public own goals against their own party. Corbyn was voted in, rightly or wrongly, with a huge mandate by Labour Party members and it is highly disrespectful of MPs towards their own members to from day one secretly, or not so secretly, try and make sure he is out as soon as possible.

Maybe they're sticking to their principles?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think they do genuinely care about the Labour Party, especially the damage Corbyn is causing.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009

Perhaps they care more about their country than the Labour Party ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's principled and loves to debate but he's not a leader. Leaders inspire people to follow their principles, but he isn't inspiring his own party.
Hardly surprising, when the PLP didn't want him anyway - all climbing over each other to out-Blair Tony Blair and win the 'middle ground' from the Tories. It was outside forces - the labour party members - who decided the whole thing needed a shake up; they were fed up with Labour trying to be like the Tories, but just a bit nicer, which clearly wasn't working.
Jeremy Corbyn won't get to be PM, I'm sure - but in the meantime it's great to see so many people getting hot under the collar about him!

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Good to see that the Corbyn era of frank and robust debate continues.

One of Jeremy Corbyn’s shadow ministers has branded their leader a “f***ing disgrace” after he attended an acrimonious meeting with Labour MPs.

“He doesn’t answer anything. He got roasted, he’s a f****** disgrace,” the MP said, according to both the Daily Mirror and The Sun newspapers.

The BBC reports another anonymous MP as saying the Labour leader was “aggressively heckled” during the meeting.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ng-disgrace-after-angry-meeting-a6737306.html

Really?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe they're sticking to their principles?

Tristram Hunt doesn't have any principles. And to hear some of these clowns talk (many of whom WERE in the shadow cabinet) you'd think Corbyn had taken Labour from a government with a majority of about 200 to the wilderness. Has everyone forgotten about the General Election drubbing? He can't exactly be blamed for that.

Listen I'm not stupid, I knew Corbyn as leader was a big risk for Labour, and his stance on various things was fair game for scrutiny. But I have to say, even expecting it I have been shocked by the malicious, agenda-driven and personal nature of the coverage since his landslide win. Everything that can be used and spun against him is being used, anything that might show him in a better light is being left out.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Another Corbyn thread Bozza? Haven't had nearly enough of those :)

FWIW though, while I admire the bloke sticking to his priciples - and FAR too many MPs do not - he would be a disaster at running the country. I say that as much more of a left-leaner than you.

I have some sympathy with this. While I agree, for example, with the notion of not having a shoot to kill policy, if one was in that Paris theatre where so many people were being systematically executed, I think it might have left those involved with an impossibly difficult situation.

On a slightly different not, we had an armed robbery just about at the end of our road 6 or 7 years ago where two men were killed by the police. If one of the robbers is standing with his gun to a security guard's head and won't drop it, what are you supposed to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here