Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Clarkson Scandal.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I quite liked May and Hammonds tweets on the subject

@MrJamesMay
Jeremy Clarkson is not a racist. He is a monumental bellend and many other things, but not a racist. I wouldn't work with one. #ThatIsAll

[MENTION=16604]Richard[/MENTION]Hammond
I 2nd May's comment re Clarkson. I can list a million things wrong with him, but he is absolutely not a racist. An idiot, yes.

Top Gear banter. All part of the act.

D

Deleted member 18477

I quite liked May and Hammonds tweets on the subject

@MrJamesMay
Jeremy Clarkson is not a racist. He is a monumental bellend and many other things, but not a racist. I wouldn't work with one. #ThatIsAll
[MENTION=16604]Richard[/MENTION]Hammond
I 2nd May's comment re Clarkson. I can list a million things wrong with him, but he is absolutely not a racist. An idiot, yes.

:lolol: well done those 2!

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
There were other variants he could have said but I suppose he wanted to be edgy and provocative. Whatever the reason - it is unacceptable and he won't be missed by me at least.

Agreed. He probably isn't racist in particular just extraordinarily arrogant and contemptuous of all sorts of people and groups. A little humility would not go amiss so being sacked would be good for him let alone others. I must say it is a real pleasure to see a succession of arrogant people (who think nothing of other peoples' sensitivities) being brought down to earth with a bump - Brooks, Coulson, Clifford, and now Clarkson. Great!

Anyway anyone supported by the egregious Richard Littlejohn must be in the wrong

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The only time I've heard this rhyme recited with the n-word inserted was in Pulp Fiction, when 'Hillbilly Boy' Zed was carefully choosing between Butch and Marcellus Wallace as to who he was going to do up the wrong-un first.

rubbish, its always been in there - what word have you substituted as a child? and that's a point here, this is a children nursery rhyme that anyone in the upto the 90's would probably have used, naively overlooking the word. I found myself using it once at work in the last decade, got to the end, realised and said oh bugger im not supposed to say that. colleagues hadn't noticed either until i pointed out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
rubbish, its always been in there - what word have you substituted as a child? and that's a point here, this is a children nursery rhyme that anyone in the upto the 90's would probably have used, naively overlooking the word. I found myself using it once at work in the last decade, got to the end, realised and said oh bugger im not supposed to say that. colleagues hadn't noticed either until i pointed out.

When I was at school some time between primary school and secondary school it changed to 'lizard'

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I think it's deliciously ironic when white people tell ethnic minorities what's rascist and what's not rascist. It may not have been intended to cause offense but it still can cause offense.

It reminds me of a time a number of years ago at work, where when getting something wrong, I called myself a "retard" fairly loudly. Unknown to me the chap sat next to me had a brother with downs. I didn't intend to cause offense but it was taken.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Clarkson knew it was coming and whispered it to show that he knew it should not be said. This gave great emphasis to the word. Very appealing to all gollywog lovers on NSC, MFE posters, UKIP supporters and unfortunately the BBC.

As in the Terry case the heart of the matter is not whether Clarkson is racist but whether a BBC presenter should use racist language in his inane banter.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Why say "the n word"?! In the words of Louis CK...

Everybody has different words that offend them, different things that they hear that they get offended by... To me, the thing that offends me the most, is every time that I hear "the N-word." Not "******" by the way. I mean "the N-word." Literally, whenever a white lady on CNN with nice hair says, "The N-word," that’s just white people getting away with saying "******," that’s all that is. They found a way to say "******." "N-word!" It’s bullshit 'cause when you say "the N-word" you put the word "******" in the listeners head. That’s what saying a word is. You say "the N-word" and I go "Oh, she means '******'." Your making me say it in my head! Why don’t you ****in' say it instead and take responsibility, with the shitty words you wanna say. Just say it, don’t hide behind the first letter like a ****** just say it. Say "******" you stupid ****!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
As a child, I was convinced it was "catch a nicker", the 5 year old me had probably never heard the n-word.

I have since seen it substituted with "tiger", quite possibly in a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, and that's what I used on the kids when they were younger.

Back to Clarkson, whether the BBC do anything or not, will most likely be down to the amount of money that the show is still bringing in internationally; supposed to be one of the Beeb's biggest incomes, isn't it?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Interestingly, my Wife (52) finds nothing wrong with the word, although she never uses it. I (58) do find it offensive. More importantly are the figures released recently showing Top Gear makes the BBC some £100,000,000 a year. They could never sack Jezza.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Fuss and nonsense! It's just very fashionable to hate Clarkson and what with Piers Morgan leading the way Zzzzzzzz!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I always thought we lived in a free country where we were free to to have whatever political or religious views we wanted without being persecuted for them Seems to be not the case

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here