Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Clarkson Scandal.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
There does seem to be a continuing theme of tellings-off for this bunch on 'Top Gear' which gets covered over as being 'blokey' [and I say that as a 48 year old, beer drinking, football watching Paul Weller fan]

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'd totally missed this.

The BEEB are going to come under serious pressure to sack him, after all Big Ron was dismissed by ITV a while back for something very, very similar.

He's braindead for doing it, I don't think he meant to cause offence but white people shouldn't be using that word.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
There were other variants he could have said but I suppose he wanted to be edgy and provocative. Whatever the reason - it is unacceptable and he won't be missed by me at least.

I'd totally missed this.

The BEEB are going to come under serious pressure to sack him, after all Big Ron was dismissed by ITV a while back for something very, very similar.

He really didn't.

Big Ron used the word to describe a black man, Clarkson used (mumbled) it to pick a car using the same method as I still do today.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I regularly recited this rhyme - unexpurgated - throughout my childhood.

Oh bugger! Now I'm going to have to shoot myself to compensate all those I undoubtedly offended :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only time I've heard this rhyme recited with the n-word inserted was in Pulp Fiction, when 'Hillbilly Boy' Zed was carefully choosing between Butch and Marcellus Wallace as to who he was going to do up the wrong-un first.

Maybe Clarkson had watched it the night before or something.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He really didn't.

Big Ron used the word to describe a black man, Clarkson used (mumbled) it to pick a car using the same method as I still do today.

He shouldn't be using the word, he knows that as much as anyone else. I don't want him sacked (well I do but not over this) but he's an absolute idiot for doing it. Pick another ryhme without an offensive word in it.....

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Big Ron "That Desailly is a useless f****** n*****" is in no way very very similar to what Clarkson did.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I quite liked May and Hammonds tweets on the subject

@MrJamesMay
Jeremy Clarkson is not a racist. He is a monumental bellend and many other things, but not a racist. I wouldn't work with one. #ThatIsAll

[MENTION=16604]Richard[/MENTION]Hammond
I 2nd May's comment re Clarkson. I can list a million things wrong with him, but he is absolutely not a racist. An idiot, yes.

:lol:

He shouldn't be using the word, he knows that as much as anyone else. I don't want him sacked (well I do but not over this) but he's an absolute idiot for doing it. Pick another ryhme without an offensive word in it.....

I quite agree. My post however was to show how there is Zero similarity between what Big Ron said to describe Desailly and what Clarkson said to pick a car.

And as I said, I still use it today, not to be edgy or anything. To me, it's a method of picking something we used as Children daily.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Not defending him at all, but interesting how this footage was "uncovered" by a newspaper formerly edited by Piers Morgan, who he's had a long running spat with. This goes deeper.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If he was a UKIP campaigner he would be suspended at least. As it stands does this make the BBC more racist than UKIP?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Big Ron "That Desailly is a useless f****** n*****" is in no way very very similar to what Clarkson did.

But the reason big Ron got sacked was the use of the n word, not the other part. He probably would have got away with it if he'd just called Desaily ****ing lazy.

White people should not be using that word, we all know this. Clarkson knows it. He's been an absolute idiot

Dec 4, 2013
What a lot of fuss over very little. The world has officially gone mad!

Too right. Yet again, the politically correct brigade are desparate to take offence and scream racism where there is none. Jeremy Clarkson has been presenting the new top gear for 12 years without even a hint of racism and yet people are jumping down his throat at something totally innocent and innocuous.

You can't do anything in this country any more.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The only time I've heard this rhyme recited with the n-word inserted

Nothing to do with insertion. The original rhyme had the N word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here