Clarkson vs Morgan

• Morgan is the lesser ****.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear, the lowest form - I get lost for words when trying to describe how much I hate him and them, so I leave it to someone who truly is a 'wordsmith'....

****ing hell, that was utter shit.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Glad its not just me that doesn't 'get' this guy! was any of that supposed to be funny?

I can't believe he actually sat down and wrote that and then thought...................you know what, this is great material. It is shambolic.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Clarkson is one of the biggest twats around, but can be amusing.

However, the appearance of Morgan anywhere takes all my self control to stop myself from punching the TV, newspaper or whatever else he is on. And i am a Zen Bhuddist :angel:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I dont mind Clarkson, to me he seems like that mate you keep around for a laugh but you know that he will get you in to a fight one day.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I love how out of 153 votes only 3 are positive for Piers.

Three too many though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I spent 2 hours in the company of Clarkson (Hammond, May and the rest of the Top Gear crew, but not the stig) I had to deliver a Porsche to the studio and spent the day there for the filming.
We were having tea and biscuits after the show. Clarkson was nothing like you would imagine he really was ok.
He has also done some very good programmes as well as Top Gear. He can be annoying but he is a very good presenter.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Clarkson was nothing like you would imagine he really was ok...He has also done some very good programmes as well as Top Gear. He can be annoying but he is a very good presenter.

I've heard similar - a friend of mine met him at a party, said he was quiet and approachable and friendly. Then my mate (who's pretty forward) said to him nicely: look, you can clearly write, you're highly intelligent and you can also produce some really excellent TV like the programme about Brunel. So why resort to all this cheap, foreigner-bating, tabloidy, lowest common denominator stuff when you know that it's really beneath you? (this was a while back - Top Gear has reinvented itself a LOT since then, esp. on the xenophobia front).

At which point Clarkson told my friend to "f**k off" and flounced off.

Which was perhaps predictable. Less so was what happened immediately afterwards: Clarkson had a PR person following him around. At a party which he was attending privately. Who, after Clarkson had flounced off, came over and explained politely and patiently to my astonished friend that "of course, many of Mr Clarkson's views are held mainly in jest and to provoke, one shouldn't take them altogether that too seriously, " and similar PR person guff. So much for his blunt Yorkshireman act, he's a precious little petal really.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've heard similar - a friend of mine met him at a party, said he was quiet and approachable and friendly. Then my mate (who's pretty forward) said to him nicely: look, you can clearly write, you're highly intelligent and you can also produce some really excellent TV like the programme about Brunel. So why resort to all this cheap, foreigner-bating, tabloidy, lowest common denominator stuff when you know that it's really beneath you? (this was a while back - Top Gear has reinvented itself a LOT since then, esp. on the xenophobia front).

At which point Clarkson told my friend to "f**k off" and flounced off.

Which was perhaps predictable. Less so was what happened immediately afterwards: Clarkson had a PR person following him around. At a party which he was attending privately. Who, after Clarkson had flounced off, came over and explained politely and patiently to my astonished friend that "of course, many of Mr Clarkson's views are held mainly in jest and to provoke, one shouldn't take them altogether that too seriously, " and similar PR person guff. So much for his blunt Yorkshireman act, he's a precious little petal really.

I met Jeremy Clarkson a couple of times, in a professional capacity, back when I used to work for a major motor manufacturer and I'm afraid to report that, likewise, he was a relatively quiet, thoughtful and intelligent chap. Not at all boorish or dominating. And when he left, he didn't say, "And on that bombshell, I'm going home!" or anything like that. As I recall he simply said, "thank you for your time," shook hands with those present and left.
The persona he plays on Top Gear is simply a pantomime villain and why not? He has carved a niche for himself and earned an absolute fortune through it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe if Sol Campbell had had a go at Piers Morgan rather than the FA we'd have a far more even poll?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As soon as Clarkson wrote 'yup' it made me cringe. Not 100% sure why.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
People pay to see this bloke perform? There is no accounting for taste or lack of talent. He just isn't funny.

I haven't paid to see him perform, but I would. He is intelligent, perceptive and socially aware. Different people like different things. I have never, ever laughed at Mr Bean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here