Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Balmy - new 18 year old midfielder from Le Havre (merged)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I thought he was pretty decent today.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does anyone not think that its a little odd to have had Spurs, Arsenal, Valencia and AC Milan on his trail just 6 months ago and now he might make it into our development squad?

Could be the same sort of thing that happened to Bridcutt , clubs might think that he isn't robust enough against big bruising defenders. Having said that it doesn't stop Messi making defenders look foolish.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Echo what others said, very keen today, looked to get involved dropping deep and pushing forward. Could be good once settles into the system and gets to know his team-mates.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from twitter Andy Naylor ‏[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
In Monday's Argus GP on Balmy, Albion's Amex boost and Calde's Hastings fury. #bhafc

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
In my opinion, this young fella would be an absolute scoop to add to our development squad. He is a talent and I think would be on the edge for a place in the first team in no time.

Hoping he signs as he certainly has a bright future

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
In my opinion, this young fella would be an absolute scoop to add to our development squad. He is a talent and I think would be on the edge for a place in the first team in no time.

Do you or anyone else know anything about his history though? What lead to Arsenal, Spurs, Valencia chasing him?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

A cheaper version of Assulin?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Do you or anyone else know anything about his history though? What lead to Arsenal, Spurs, Valencia chasing him?

I would only guess just a large scouting network these clubs have. What goes on in the press though is always a bit pasty.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Is he the guy that scored today? Cracking finish and thought he probably looked the best of the midfielders in the second half... seemed to have a good knack of getting forward to support the strikers. Lightweight but then he's only young.

MMmmm! I remember we once turned down Ian Wright for being to small/lightweight.....

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I have a feeling he will be on the edge of the first team squad from day one

Kaz confirms he is "chilling at the airport with Hosky, Ash and (sic) French BOY" so M Balmy is on the plane and that suggests he has pronbably agreed terms if not formally signed

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I have a feeling he will be on the edge of the first team squad from day one

Kaz confirms he is "chilling at the airport with Hosky, Ash and (sic) French BOY" so M Balmy is on the plane and that suggests he has pronbably agreed terms if not formally signed

Presumably could be nickname for Vincelot as well?

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011

I agree with this

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Big Hair. Sign him up

Balmy.png

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I've not seen him play, so cannot comment upon his ability. However, to even be linked with outstanding prospects like this is fantastic for our Club. TB's money can only take us so far (assuming he has limited funds available) and gate money etc. is also limited. To kick-on to the next level will require us bringing through talented players. Some will play for a short period and be sold-on, and we will profit, some will stay and help the Club progess, but either way, this can only benefit the Club. Inevitably, some will not work out, but our investment will have been quite small. It is far less risky that buying players like CMS, who looks to be a waste of millions of pounds (but hopefully he will pull his socks up this year).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here