Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Balmy - new 18 year old midfielder from Le Havre (merged)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just a 20 goal striker, and we are sorted :smile:
I am not sure that this youngster is ready to take over our midfield just yet, a bench option maybe...... that still leaves two required in my opinion.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
According to the Argus, it was his agent who approached us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he a similar player to JFC ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is he a similar player to JFC?

"Jeremy is an offensive player. He cannot play deeper. Of course, down the middle is where you find that possibility of getting the ball. We'll see, it's something to discuss." - Gus

I think JFC would play a little deeper than JB.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
"Jeremy is an offensive player. He cannot play deeper. Of course, down the middle is where you find that possibility of getting the ball. We'll see, it's something to discuss." - Gus

I think JFC would play a little deeper than JB.

A bit in the Vicente mould then ???

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
More like Vicente than JFC, you wouldn't expect him to track back to try and win the ball necssarily although I seem to remember him doing it on one occassion on Saturday.

I think JFC lies a bit deeper in midfield before getting forward.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am not sure that this youngster is ready to take over our midfield just yet, a bench option maybe...... that still leaves two required in my opinion.

This... not the powerful midfielder or striker with presence Gus is clearly looking for, but certainly a player I would be very pleased to see us sign...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This is in today's Sun:

BRIGHTON have beaten Spurs, Arsenal, AC Milan and Valencia to land Jeremy Balmy, 18, from Le Havre.

All four clubs tried to sign the midfielder last season but Seagulls boss Gus Poyet finally netted the starlet.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We already have a 20 goal a season striker. We just need someone for him to play with...

Agreed. But Barnes is being played in a deeper role now, so do we need someone to play with him? We need an out and out striker, as the one we spent a fortune on last year does not appear to be capable of performing against better quality defenders.

patricksullivan

Jun 17, 2011
Hove
i have now seen him close up twice, i watched him arrive at Dover with his agent and spoke to his advisor. my thoughts were that he had amazing control of the ball in the warm up, so much so that i reckon you could throw 5 balls at him at the same time and he would trap them dead. i though he needs some work in a game though, 1 or 2 years with Gus and he will be a much more complete player. he is just a bit excited at the moment and doing things he doesn't need to do, step overs when no-one is near by and flicks when a simple pass will do. definitely one for the future but i would be amazed if he featured this year in championship.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We already have a 20 goal a season striker. We just need someone for him to play with...

Agreed however as mentioned above, Barnes has been playing deeper with great effect, but yes I would like to see Ash in the hole, with Hoskins in front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here