Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jem Karacan in talks with Brighton

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
This thread is typical of NSC right now. Are people SO bored that a rumour debunked in first couple of posts, that is NO-WHERE else has lasted so long and turned into a BinFest about a nothing club? Great it was apparently on the radio, but most radio rumours are picked up on by at least one fan in the local area or one source! If Radio Sussex linked Bridcutt with Southampton this place would go into meltdown yet Readings boards the only place ANY of their fans have heard about it is here?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This thread is typical of NSC right now. Are people SO bored that a rumour debunked in first couple of posts, that is NO-WHERE else has lasted so long and turned into a BinFest about a nothing club? Great it was apparently on the radio, but most radio rumours are picked up on by at least one fan in the local area or one source! If Radio Sussex linked Bridcutt with Southampton this place would go into meltdown yet Readings boards the only place ANY of their fans have heard about it is here?
You're about the fifth person to say this but despite putting "any" in capital letters it doesn't make it true. The second reading fan on the thread on their board said he'd heard it from a relative of the player.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
The game that you are all on about was it the one at Elm Park near bonfire night when the police refused to open the gates at the end and kept us in a little corner until somebody threw a firework under a police horse which reared up throwing the rider off. That would have been late 70s early 80s cant be exactly sure. I have nothing against Reading or the fans but do have sypathy with them because the seats at The Madjeski are facing the wrong way, if you sit on them you have to watch the football.

They were one of our fiecest rivals in the days of Robin Friday.

i thought it was '84 ? bens grandad as when the gates opened i knocked copper over in the surge then got arrested by him untill another copper came over and told him to let me go...also remember a shed or tea bar getting trashed or pushed over same game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It could have been 84. I remember the tea stall being turned over and going to pick up one of my sons at 1.00am as he was arrested too but released with no charges then. I think they just arrested a few people at random to look as if they knew what they were doing but it was absolutly pandemonium there.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The game I'm talking about would have been mid 90's. Last game of the season & possibly last game at Elm Park, although can't be certain.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
remember that day well,they had large numbers to the left of us,but bha went over the fence and they shat thenselves,very lively that day

I trawl out this same post every 18 months, whenever Reading away gets mentioned :wink: but that day was bizarre for me, not least because I was in a pub near the station that got attacked by Brighton fans in fancy dress :ohmy:

Very surreal to be under attack FROM YOUR OWN FANS dressed up like divs :facepalm:

PS The game I am talking about was the last one at Elm Park (about 1993-94?), I'm not that old to have been boozing in a pub in 1984!!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Spoke to His uncle yesterday,
QPR are in talks with the lad,not that this means to much following on from The CMS thing,but if Jem is on the move it will be to a premier league.

that's another rumour put to bed then :)

URZ

Jul 9, 2011
haha this is so funny to read.

Why would he move from a team 90mins away from the premierleague to a shitty little team like brighton!!!! LMAO

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I trawl out this same post every 18 months, whenever Reading away gets mentioned :wink: but that day was bizarre for me, not least because I was in a pub near the station that got attacked by Brighton fans in fancy dress :ohmy:

Very surreal to be under attack FROM YOUR OWN FANS dressed up like divs :facepalm:

PS The game I am talking about was the last one at Elm Park (about 1993-94?), I'm not that old to have been boozing in a pub in 1984!!!!

Sorry but that's hilarious :lol: (unless you got hurt obviously, can't imagine you did though)

Can you remember what they were all dressed as?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Why would he move from a team 90mins away from the premierleague to a shitty little team like brighton!!!! LMAO

Because the team 90 minutes away from the Premier League are seemingly losing all of their players, and as others have said, have a chairman who is quite keen to find a way out. Long looks like leaving, Mills looks like leaving, and others are rumoured to be off.
Oh, and we'll have higher attendances next season :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Because it seems that for any up and coming player who is not going into the top half of the premier league, we seem to be one of the hottest prospects in England (a situation a lot of us are still struggling to come to terms with)

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea

Considering the old age of your club, you have remarkably little history to speak of.

As a spotty teenager with no friends you can be forgiven for not realising there was football before your sugar daddy came along.

The fuure, however, is something you will realise in time, and the blue and white patterns on the shirts will be vertical not horizontal.

Now pop along!

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011

Because we're more of an attractive team to play for, we play an attractive style of play that other teams find hard to break down, we've got one of the best upcoming managers in England, we've got money to spend and we've got dare I say it, a stadium that is going to be full week in week out.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove

Maybe he is embarassed playing for a club who couldn't sell out their ground for a championship play-off semi-final. :lol:

RobtheRoyal

Jun 12, 2011
Maybe he is embarassed playing for a club who couldn't sell out their ground for a championship play-off semi-final. :lol:
Neither did Cardiff in theirs if i remember correctly, i did think these sites were for adults but this " my clubs bigger than your club... our club has more history than your club... our club have more season ticket holders than your player... is quite laughable and paints a sorry picture of a few minority Brighton fans who obviously haven't progressed far from comparing their knob sizes with the other kids in the playground of their local Hove primary school or Brighton pub if your that way inclined...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
i did think these sites were for adults but this " my clubs bigger than your club... our club has more history than your club... our club have more season ticket holders than your player... is quite laughable and paints a sorry picture of a few minority Brighton fans who obviously haven't progressed far from comparing their knob sizes with the other kids in the playground of their local Hove primary school or Brighton pub if your that way inclined...

................. yes but our knobs are DEFINITELY bigger than your knobs :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here