Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jem Karacan in talks with Brighton

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
When I started supporting the Albion fifty odd years ago our major rivals were teams like Aldershot, Bournemouth and Reading because we spent a lot of the time in the same divisions. The whole Palace thing came much much later.

Combine this with the way they shafted us over Sidwell, Ingimarsson and Coppell and I have to say I would be DELIGHTED to nick one of Reading's best young talents off them, much more so than the prospect of nicking Garvan off the pikeys.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Don't know too much about Karacan to be honest (other than from Football Manager.... ahem). Would he be our first Turk player, or is he English born like CKR?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Don't know too much about Karacan to be honest (other than from Football Manager.... ahem). Would he be our first Turk player, or is he English born like CKR?

English born.

Never seen him, but if Ding want to keep him I'd happily have him :thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Flair name, sign him up.

Them's woise woids Mr N. :wink:

ps I can feel a chant based on the ol' Spiderman theme tune comin' on as I type: "Watch out, here comes a Karacan!" :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So glad to hear so many Albion fans haven't forgotten Reading and their plastic two-bob fan base. We'll always be miles bigger than them, and this story is just what the doctor ordered. Assuming Gus wants him, lets hope he gets his man and this ROYALLY fucks off Reading and their small army of plastic biscuit tosspots.

It was only a matter of time before this post appeared. Top bombing Simster. It's as if the last five or so years never happened - where did my life go? We used to have a regular Royals poster on here who disappeared during their Premiership dalliance.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's always good to take a player off a rival but to snatch a good one off Reading would really take the biscuit

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Has anyone apaprt from the OP seen or heard this anywhere?

Just got a text from a mate in Bracknell saying a Reading fan he works with told him we're after him this morning. I know its nothing concrete and the whole thing could turn out to be bullshit but no smoke without fire.
As for the Reading rivalry i can't put into words how much i hate that shitty little tinpot club.
I hate their plastic fans, Amazing how their average away attendance was 900 last season but they sold out Wembley. I hate their shitty dog bowl stadium in the middle of nowhere & never full, I hate that smug cock Madjeski & his ginger haired leather faced hag missus. I hate their players, Their shitty kit, Waitrose for sponsoring them. Their manager who looks like a meekon from Dan Dare. I laughed so much when they didn't go up & i can't wait to play them this season.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I f***ing HATE Reading. Really REALLY hate them. I'd be f***ing DELIGHTED if we nabbed one of their players they didn't want to lose, even if he was dogshit.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just got a text from a mate in Bracknell saying a Reading fan he works with told him we're after him this morning. I know its nothing concrete and the whole thing could turn out to be bullshit but no smoke without fire.
As for the Reading rivalry i can't put into words how much i hate that shitty little tinpot club.
I hate their plastic fans, Amazing how their average away attendance was 900 last season but they sold out Wembley. I hate their shitty dog bowl stadium in the middle of nowhere & never full, I hate that smug cock Madjeski & his ginger haired leather faced hag missus. I hate their players, Their shitty kit, Waitrose for sponsoring them. Their manager who looks like a meekon from Dan Dare. I laughed so much when they didn't go up & i can't wait to play them this season.

Nice rant!

Anyone remember a last game of the season at Elm Park which was meant to be their promotion party but we just took the place over. Pre all ticket days & we had nothing to play for but turned up in big numbers.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Think this rumour is fake.

I've just spoken to a mate of mine here in my office who is a big Reading fan and he's said it's not on any of their forums and no one has heard of this at the Reading end.

You'd also expect something to be on the Radio Berkshire website but there is nothing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nice rant!

Anyone remember a last game of the season at Elm Park which was meant to be their promotion party but we just took the place over. Pre all ticket days & we had nothing to play for but turned up in big numbers.

Yep I was there. Don't recall too much about it other than someone throwing a little football at their foreward as he was taking a penalty (which he still scored) and then them going mental at the end as I think they got promoted as well as it being their last game?

And I don't like Reading either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here