Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jem Karacan in talks with Brighton

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This sounds good , just what wanted to hear on a shitty wet friday.

If on Radio Berkshire then has to be true surely

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
If we sign Karacan then would that mean Gus would want to play with two Defensive Midfielders in Karacan and Bridders with Dicker/Sparrow/Lansbury ( :cheeky: ) as the attacking midfielder and three up front?

I wouldn't get too bogged down with different technical midfield positions- in fact I'd imagine they'd just be good old central midfielders. Bridcutt certainly has a lot more potential going forward.. But if they are both nippy then they will boss the midfield, with good passing vision too. Agree that Gus would play another midfielder in front of them though (or could do a Barca and play one behind?)

All in all another young, hungry player that can pass and keep the ball, SIGN HIM UP!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I really really want Nile Ranger....I think he would score a lot of goals in the Championship.
Him and Lua Lua are best mates. Both players have never had a continued run in a side and in my opinion

Hes a young lad and will grow up fast on and off the pitch if he got a regular game.

I really really DON'T want Nile Ranger. Has he ever scored a goal !!!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Karacan is 5ft 10ins. Not the tallest centre midfielder. His feet certainly make up for inches in height.
Would be a very decent acquistion, knows the Championship and would be a signing for the future as well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looks like his contract is up so presumably available on a Bosman with compensation to be agreed because of his age (Ican't imagine that Reading haven't offered him a new deal which is what triggers the right to compensation) and given his potential they might expect a reasonably substantial sum. From the very little I've seen he appears to be a driving midfielder similar in style to Harley who we know Gus liked a lot. Certainly looks to be just what we want in terms of ability, age and experience and hopefully a better attitude than our last Turkish international :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is he under contract and for how long? If it's only a year then perhaps I can see why they would sell him, or is he out of contract?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sorry I thought he was out of contract but it seems he signed an extension at the beginning of last season taking him to July 2013 so looks like we might have to commit to a fairly substantial fee to get him.

Is it my imagination or are Reading suddenly starting to sell the family silver? Have they got money troubles does anyone know?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Karacan yes please, Ranger no thanks. A midfield dynamo is just what the doctor ordered. Whereas every time I have seen Ranger on the pitch he looks lazy, and couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
what i like about this is that ive never heard of him (dont really pay alot of attention to other leagues) but he does sound exciting . i think its great that gus/tony and john stephenson are finding and targetting these players.

on another note , if its true that we are in talks would that mean that a fee has already been agreed?

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Gus did say there would be more players coming in, In the next few day's. So the talks must be in an advanced stage!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
See quite a lot of Reading and have watched Karacan play for them several times going back to when he broke into the reserves. Very much in the Bridcutt mould, has a good engine, tidy passing etc.

Just asked a couple of Reading fans to check if they've heard anything about this. Personally I would be very suprised unless it's large fee. At a guess I would say 1.75m plus. Madjeski seems comfortable to operate as a selling club since relegation, he's certainly not bankrolling the club anymore.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Call me a small minded grudge holder but I'd get great pleasure from us signing a Reading player that their fans don't want to lose. We have come a long way since we lost Sidwell and I remember how gutted I was when he left, although I totally understood why. I have long looked forward to the day when we'd be on a lvel footing with them again.

I echo this sentiment. Living 10 minutes down the road from Reading, and knowing a lot of their plastic fans well, they were annoyed when we 'stole' their title, and took great pleasure in not only poaching Sidwell from under our noses, but also Coppell and Ingimarsson. They have always seen us a little tinpot club (although admittedly very well supported), so I love the fact that we are now getting to the stage that we are o level par with them, before we disappear off over the horizon leaving their Mockney twat fans choking on our dust!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I echo this sentiment. Living 10 minutes down the road from Reading, and knowing a lot of their plastic fans well, they were annoyed when we 'stole' their title, and took great pleasure in not only poaching Sidwell from under our noses, but also Coppell and Ingimarsson. They have always seen us a little tinpot club (although admittedly very well supported), so I love the fact that we are now getting to the stage that we are o level par with them, before we disappear off over the horizon leaving their Mockney twat fans choking on our dust!
So glad to hear so many Albion fans haven't forgotten Reading and their plastic two-bob fan base. We'll always be miles bigger than them, and this story is just what the doctor ordered. Assuming Gus wants him, lets hope he gets his man and this ROYALLY fucks off Reading and their small army of plastic biscuit tosspots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here