Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jed Wallace Portsmouth

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is this the first of many near misses this summer or where we just not interested any more?
Le Bihan has said he's not interested in coming to England - I think there will be a long line of misses again.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Is this the first of many near misses this summer or where we just not interested any more?

As an American comedian whose name escapes me once said - the phrase 'near miss' is utterly nonsensical and the term should be 'near hit.' If you were driving and narrowly avoided colliding with another car, would you say: "That was lucky, we nearly missed that car" ?

Cheers :thumbsup:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
STOP PRESS Wolves have signed Wallace on a 3 year deal. That's one target missed then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
STOP PRESS Wolves have signed Wallace on a 3 year deal. That's one target missed then.
When did the club tell us he was a target?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
When did the club tell us he was a target?

It wouldn't have made any difference if he had been a target. He wouldn't have joined us instead of Wolves.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It wouldn't have made any difference if he had been a target. He wouldn't have joined us instead of Wolves.
Be honest nobody is ever likely to leave Portsmouth for a car crash of a club, like the Albion.
Let alone choosing us over Wolves.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Be honest nobody is ever likely to leave Portsmouth for a car crash of a club, like the Albion.
Let alone choosing us over Wolves.

Quite. :amex:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tall, quick, young, strong, scores goals from midfield, attack minded.

I'm pretty sure he was never one of our targets.:moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to Bozza apparently Barry Lloyd was very imoressed with him. I didnt realise Barry was fit enough to still be a scout as I read that he was very ill.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Decent player but still quite a gamble...... can see us spending this year on more established options.

I usually wouldn't favour that approach but given the season just gone....... we need some reliable 'hits' not gambles

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Decent player but still quite a gamble...... can see us spending this year on more established options.

I usually wouldn't favour that approach but given the season just gone....... we need some reliable 'hits' not gambles

How horribly dull. After the season just gone I would prefer players who have yet to peak rather than those on their way down. Get players in for the future, rather than few journey men (unless they are bridge or upson quality!). Can see hughton agreeing with you though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here