Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jed Wallace Portsmouth

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Can't help thinking we've never been that interested.

I'm sure if he was wanted by any of the managers during the time we've been 'monitoring' him we would have signed him by now

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe we've looked at our current Dev Squad and younger and decided he doesn't add anything we need ???

All the evidence suggests we've never been that keen on him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't help thinking we've never been that interested.

I'm sure if he was wanted by any of the managers during the time we've been 'monitoring' him we would have signed him by now

Maybe we've looked at our current Dev Squad and younger and decided he doesn't add anything we need ???

All the evidence suggests we've never been that keen on him.

That's not the case. Barry Lloyd is massively keen on him and we've watched him a lot.

That doesn't mean that Hughton will want him, of course. Of that I have no idea.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That's not the case. Barry Lloyd is massively keen on him and we've watched him a lot.

That doesn't mean that Hughton will want him, of course. Of that I have no idea.

That was my point, I've no doubt someone at the club either now or previously have liked him but have any of the managers ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have Kayal Crofts Stevens JFC Ince Calderon with Rea and Starkey coming through. We have room for one creative playmaker in the middle. Where would we play Wallace?
Good player but not necessarily stand-out superior to what we have.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps the signing of Kayal ended all ongoing interest in Wallace ? ???

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
We have Kayal Crofts Stevens JFC Ince Calderon with Rea and Starkey coming through. We have room for one creative playmaker in the middle. Where would we play Wallace?

The trouble is that all the above (except for Kayal) are much of a muchness - decent players but no pace or more importantly no change of pace. We need something different - pace plus the ability to carry the ball and run at defences. If Wallace does that then he would be a good buy at the right age - I would guess that is why he is of interest

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Of those that you have listed not one of them is the same type of midfielder. Had we signed him he would have replaced Calderon or Lua Lua he is more a Buckley type wide player than a workhorse central midfielder as you have listed. Perhaps the management do not consider him superior to Solly March in the same position or role.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No offence to him, but I hope he flops (don't think he will, looked good in the small bits I've seen) just so we avoid the inevitable moaning from the usual on here.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Seems to me to be a bargain, but given the number of midfield players we currently have I can understand if we would prefer to use the fee/wages elsewhere, assuming we were still interested of course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As per my previous post we have an abundance of workhorse central midfielders but are sadly lacking in wide ones with flair and the ability to take on a full back and go beyond him to get in a cross.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
As per my previous post we have an abundance of workhorse central midfielders but are sadly lacking in wide ones with flair and the ability to take on a full back and go beyond him to get in a cross.

I'm assuming you get a cut of the transfer fee?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
oh christ

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Is this the first of many near misses this summer or where we just not interested any more?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here