Jay Bothroyd [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
why you say that.......?? getting frustrated at being scunted by the likes of weds,b'burn,boro,mk dons..........that is all.!!

its obvious, any one who thinks we are as big as Wednesday are tripping.

Frustating but takes years to change historical perceptions.

Hopefully if this is true we have a back up(s)

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
So how do you know he chose Wednesday over us?

I don't I'm just having a rant because I'm getting carried away on deadline day and am very concerned we will not find a striker before it shuts. It's the position we have needed to sort out all summer, and there have been a lot of strikers signing for championship sides but not us.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Do you REALLY think the club have just been sitting around twiddling their thumbs all Summer. As frustrating as it is i'm partly glad we've not signed anyone yet as it shows we're aiming for big targets and the RIGHT man - and not panic buying just to please inpatient fans...

also, think about WHY deadline day is so exciting and how players coming in free up other players to leave etc. You're being very 'I want this and that now' for my liking sorry.

So what happens if, come midnight, what we've got is all we're getting?? I'm just saying they have had 3 months in which to get the "right player" in. Why does it have to take till a few hours before the window closes?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
DOOOOOOOM AND GLOOOOOOM. We have played really well in all three games this season, with all of the signings this summer fitting in nicely and performing!

Jeez, we scored 5 on Saturday with our foot off the gas for moat of the second half. I'm not worried.

Oh for fucks sake!

WE NEED A STRIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We won 5-1 against a Barnsley team with 12 regular first team players missing. It does not make us promotion candidates - which is our target!

We manages a total of ONE POINT from the first two league matches, and before that lost to Swindon.

If we intend to try for promotion, we need to have a team capable of doing so. And that will require at least one if not two more striker options.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Oh for fucks sake!

We won 5-1 against a Barnsley team with 12 regular first team players missing. It does not make us promotion candidates - which is our target!

We manages a total of ONE POINT from the first two league matches, and before that lost to Swindon.

If we intend to try for promotion, we need to have a team capable of doing so. And that will require at least one if not two more striker options.

THIS......................................with bells on. Anyone who thinks that we do not need another striker is seriously deluded.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But you wouldn't think so based on what we have seen - so far.

No. We've only signed an ex-Man U keeper, an ex Valencia full back, an ex England left back and an immediate replacement for a player who's end product betrayed his build up. Sack the board I say. Are you always this miserable?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Oh for fucks sake!

A striker would be good as we're lacking in competition, but we can still do well this season with the current squad in my opinion. With the development squad players coming through with the style we play people should be less blooming negative.

There's always the loan market if we fail to sign someone today, anyway.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No. We've only signed an ex-Man U keeper, an ex Valencia full back, an ex England left back and an immediate replacement for a player who's end product betrayed his build up. Sack the board I say. Are you always this miserable?

You missed the box-to-box midfielder people have been demanding from a Premiership club

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst

This AND and we have HOURS to go yet- I still expect a couple more signings. The fact Poyet wasnt on the Bus to Burnley means he has a few things going on

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So what happens if, come midnight, what we've got is all we're getting?? I'm just saying they have had 3 months in which to get the "right player" in. Why does it have to take till a few hours before the window closes?

Because there's so so much movement on deadline day!

It's frustrating for us all and we do need a striker but if it doesn't happen i'm sure we'll go into the loan market. We're all frustrated but please see the bigger picture. We've made some unbelievable signinngs already 'months' ago! Strikers are BLOODY hard to find - good ones that is.

We will still sign someone today I think anyway...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

I meant in terms of signing a striker. Very happy with our other signings but I do believe that we need another good striker if we are to make the play-offs this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Signing for Wednesday it looks like. Loan till January I think.

Really dont like Wednesday and have no real reason not to other than they got Mattock and Bothroyd over us

Think its the fact their fans think they are still one of the big 6 in the country

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
To me I get the sense Bothroyd doesnt really want to go anywhere so would have concerns over his attitude as this is probably his last career move.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Really dont like Wednesday and have no real reason not to other than they got Mattock and Bothroyd over us

Think its the fact their fans think they are still one of the big 6 in the country

Did they get Mattock over us though? Pretty sure Bridge was always the first choice left back target.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To me I get the sense Bothroyd doesnt really want to go anywhere so would have concerns over his attitude as this is probably his last career move.

Agreed, get the feeling he thinks this division is beneath him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports