Jay Bothroyd [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who would you be VERY OVERwhelmed with out of interest!?

His attitude stinks.
He is lazy.
He blows hot and cold, and mainly the latter.
He had one good season in the Championship, allegedly.
He said he didn't want to come and play for us = Billy Big Bollox.

That's why I'm VERY underwhelmed.

I was overwhelmed with CMS signing when it happened, OK?

Not sure who I would be VERY OVERWHELMED with now. A lot of names posted on here would be very overwhelming, but unfortunately probably unrealistic.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great news if true. A proven goal scorer at this level. Good business if we can get him in to replace CMS. Does he wave at fans, re-tweet bollox and have a lovely smile though?

To play alongside CMS, not instead of...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He wants CMS to stay. He likes his hair, lovely smile, and the fact he runs about a lot - apparently.

My post has NOTHING to do with CMS staying or going...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this one just ain't going away is it?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Agreed 100%. His ability isn't the issue. His attitude may well be? The nothing worse than a Billy Big Bollocks to upset dressing room harmony.

Having said that, I would like to trust in Gus's judgement, not to sign anyone who he thinks may rock the boat and cause disharmony.

Perfectly put.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
His attitude stinks.
He is lazy.

Not sure who I would be VERY OVERWHELMED with now. A lot of names posted on here would be very overwhelming, but unfortunately probably unrealistic.

I think you need to look at his stats again! He got 20 in 41 last season at Bardiff. Add to that the ability to hold the ball up to bring others into the game, and some height, he sounds ideal. Having said that, we would still need at least one more striker if we let CMS go.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The point [MENTION=3212]Silent Bob[/MENTION] is making is that he wasn't asked "Would you come to Brighton" at some point, he was asked "are you coming to Brighton now". He said no to the latter - he didn't say he never would, or anything disrespectful to the club.

thats it
it has gone away now

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
His attitude stinks.
He is lazy.

Surprisingly I agree with quite a lot of your statement about attitude etc... however, much of this reputation comes from when he was a naive teenager/early twenty something. Since he joined Cardiff he seems to have grown up and sorted himself out. You don't get called up by Fabio Cappello if you're a lazy git.

CMS has proved to be pretty unspectacular, so therefore I'll trust Gus's scouting system rather than yours from now on!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus isn't stupid. He's not going to bring in an unmotivated player who would just come down here and go through the motions - he'll back his own judgement after speaking to the player and take it from there. It makes me laugh all these people who can apparently see into the minds of footballers, and then instantly make their own minds up about them before they've even kicked a ball for us.

Bothroyd has a decent scoring record at this level, has plenty of experience, and would give us that bit of physical presence up front which we currently lack. If its not stupid money, or if we can get him on a loan deal, then I think he could prove to be a decent signing. Just have a bit of faith that Gus knows what he's doing.

To be fair, I've seen JB play plenty enough to know that I am VERY underwhelmed with this potential signing... don't need to see him in a Brighton shirt to form an opinion... as I said earlier, if he joins (I hope not), then I will support him 100% (unlike the moronic anti-CMS tw@ts on here)...

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Out of interest, when was the last time one of your posts DIDN'T contain a dig at CMS?!

He's alright CMS, he's awiight. Stays behind to wave to all the fans, runs about a lot. Must be a great then. Seriously though he's our best striker, we need him

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
When will you realise that Gus will only play ONE STRIKER at a time. Where would Ashley Barnes fit into your plans, as our most effective goal scorer?

Maybe with a different set of players he may adapt his style dependant on who we are playing or how a match is progressing

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The point [MENTION=3212]Silent Bob[/MENTION] is making is that he wasn't asked "Would you come to Brighton" at some point, he was asked "are you coming to Brighton now". He said no to the latter - he didn't say he never would, or anything disrespectful to the club.

He didn't say no though, He actually said "No chance".
That kind of implies, to me, that he wouldn't lower himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports