Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Java Plugin - Virus Alert

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It may look like that, but it really doesn't from my perspective.

There is definitely something wrong somewhere but only a techno-geek would know the answer and how to fix it or come up with a workaround.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think that experiment seemed to prove there is nothing untoward with NSC itself, more with a rogue advert somewhere within the 2 ad networks we use.

I'm going to reactivate some ads and see how it goes. Please report immediately if you see any sort of malicious redirect.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that experiment seemed to prove there is nothing untoward with NSC itself, more with a rogue advert somewhere within the 2 ad networks we use.

I'm going to reactivate some ads and see how it goes. Please report immediately if you see any sort of malicious redirect.[/QUOTE

sounds like switch on each add and then a process of elimination until the offending one is found

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I just did a system restore and (fingers crossed) things seem ok at the moment. Im using Torch and been having big problems. AVG picks up a problem and sorts it then i have to re-boot. Does this time and time again but seem to have got on the internet now

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm not getting this Java virus on NSC but am now getting it repeatedly on Steephill (a cycling site). Every time I close the offending window it automatically downloads anyway, so I just quickly cancel the download before it finishes or delete it from the download folder if I'm not quick enough. Doing a full system scan now to see if it's sneaked anything through.

This is on Chrome. Not tried any other browsers to see if it happens on there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Turned up here for the first time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here