Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
reboot seems to have sorted it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had a quick look and can't find anything obvious within NSC - it could be a rogue advert in the Adsense network - that has happened before.

Can someone please give me as many details as possible - sites you're being directed to, any ads on the page and screenshots etc.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When AVG it , AVG quashes it , but when you close the AVG protector the virus page replaces NSC and still asks do you want to run or save new Java update , i doubt this helps but there seems to be no other direct link to another page ads ect other than Java updater as far as i can see .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was a little worried as I updated something else this morning (adobe/flash player, I think) and was a little paranoid, but the java update thing just showed up for me, too. I just closed the window before getting any details.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've had a quick look and can't find anything obvious within NSC - it could be a rogue advert in the Adsense network - that has happened before.

Can someone please give me as many details as possible - sites you're being directed to, any ads on the page and screenshots etc.

Hi Bozza
If you follow this link it shows an exact copy of what I am receiving. Once it appears the whole od NCS is completely locked down. I am now on my work laptop this one seems to be blocking it.

http://deletemalware.blogspot.se/2014/05/fake-java-update-virus-removal.html

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Only happening on NSC - here's a screenshot ( I'm using Symantec and it hasn't detected it ) :

View attachment 57410

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Avast stopped it for me.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just started for me on IE

Only happens on The Big Board menu page.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 451
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 446

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-08-16 12.16.01.png
    Screenshot 2014-08-16 12.16.01.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 441

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was immediately suspicious as the grammar wasn't quite correct. Did a malware scan and it hasn't reappeared.

D

Deleted member 22389

Not just a Windows things this. Happening on NSC, must be rogue ad or something like that.
Using Linux asks me to upgrade Java then tries to download .exe file, since I am using Linux it doesn't know what an .exe file is.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can someone switch to the mobile template (bottom left of every page) and see if they get the sane at all.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just done a scan, and these were deleted

Tracking cookie: Cookie:john@dotomi.com/ Removed
Tracking cookie: Cookie:john@ic-live.com/ Removed
Tracking cookie: Cookie:john@www8.addfreestats.com/ cgi-bin Removed
Tracking cookie: Cookie:john@linksynergy.com/ Removed
Tracking cookie: Orphan cleanup Removed

Not getting the "Java" message now

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm using Chrome but AVG stopped it for me. I ran a Malaware scan, which has got rid of it, and rebooted, so no problem now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here