[Albion] Jason Steele

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think all keepers have clangers in them, it's just a question of how many. Jason Steele has been our FA Cup goalkeeper ever since Graham Potter says.

He seems to be doing well enough, and as the saying goes, if it aint broke why try to fix it?
I don’t think Potter has a say in who plays anymore 🙄😂

Dec 29, 2011
best team from here on in for me.

I reckon last night against a better side we lose that game.

All guns blazing from this point on
Last night was almost our strongest team. Apart from Buenanotte I don't see how we could have played a stronger team seeing as Webster, March, Lallana and P.E. are all injured.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last night was almost our strongest team. Apart from Buenanotte I don't see how we could have played a stronger team seeing as Webster, March, Lallana and P.E. are all injured.
Webster was on the bench along with Veltman.

Dec 29, 2011
Webster was on the bench along with Veltman.
If Webster was fit enough to play he would have played. Likely RDZ put him on the bench to give a few minutes should we be comfortably winning. As for Veltman, I think he would have started in place of Buonanotte in our strongest 11 - the only change away from our strongest team last night.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Yeah nearly
Stronger would of been
Sanchez gk , Veltman RB , Colwill CB ( granted hes injured too ) , Gross CM

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If Webster was fit enough to play he would have played. Likely RDZ put him on the bench to give a few minutes should we be comfortably winning. As for Veltman, I think he would have started in place of Buonanotte in our strongest 11 - the only change away from our strongest team last night.
I haven’t read that Webbo was injured. Have I missed something?
I assumed the manager was giving outings to the youngsters including Van Hecke. I expect to see Webbo play against West Ham……or maybe not, as I get the impression that he is not rated as highly by RDZ as he was by Potter.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I haven’t read that Webbo was injured. Have I missed something?
I assumed the manager was giving outings to the youngsters including Van Hecke. I expect to see Webbo play against West Ham……or maybe not, as I get the impression that he is not rated as highly by RDZ as he was by Potter.
Webster had been injured but had started the previous 2 games so him not starting in the cup game was probably a way of managing his game time and giving Van Hecke a run out. I expect Webster to start against West Ham as surely even if Colwill is fit his lack of game time recently means Levi will be on the bench at best.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I hope RDZ keeps using him in Cup games, even if we draw City or United
Was at Stoke and concur, he was very good.

Thought both he and Van Hecke, who were the 2 defensive "second string" reserve players, were the 2 best in our rear guard of the night.

Dunk hit an alarming amount of either poor or hospital passes to compensate for his one killer pass for the goal, Lamptey and gross were both OK, but below best as was Veltman when he came on.

I really hope Steele gets to keep the gloves all the way to the end of the journey. He's earned it, played well and its not like Sanchez hasn't dropped a few clangers too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Was at Stoke and concur, he was very good.

Thought both he and Van Hecke, who were the 2 defensive "second string" reserve players, were the 2 best in our rear guard of the night.

Dunk hit an alarming amount of either poor or hospital passes to compensate for his one killer pass for the goal, Lamptey and gross were both OK, but below best as was Veltman when he came on.

I really hope Steele gets to keep the gloves all the way to the end of the journey. He's earned it, played well and its not like Sanchez hasn't dropped a few clangers too.
Agree Jason should get to continue. Lots of managers switch to the first team goalie in the semi/final though. Wenger was one of the exceptions.

On the other hand, its a little bit shit for Rob Sanchez to not be allowed to fight for any titles (since Brighton aren't winning the PL).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Agree Jason should get to continue. Lots of managers switch to the first team goalie in the semi/final though. Wenger was one of the exceptions.

On the other hand, its a little bit shit for Rob Sanchez to not be allowed to fight for any titles (since Brighton aren't winning the PL).
Its not just that hes been excellent so far in the FA cup games hes played and deserves to keep the gloves, the other big factor, is if we get past Grimsby, then the SF oppostion are going to be top end championship or PL, and theres always the chance it could end in a draw and then be the dreaded penalty shoot out.

I dare say anyone would choose Big Bob over Steele for pens, Steele is excellent at pens, so it makes sense in many ways to stick with what has got us so far already.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems like the consummate professional, exactly what you need in a backup keeper. Hoping he gets to keep his place in the cup-run.
And unlike (formerly) Arsenal's back up, Martinez, not a showboating time-wasting cheat.

There, I said it.

:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports