Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Steele

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought Steele was excellent last night. Supremely confident in possession, one absolute hospital ball aside Jason was superb. Also on a night where he was mostly limited to paying with his feet he was also sharp enough to make a couple of smart saves with his hands too.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I hope RDZ keeps using him in Cup games, even if we draw City or United
It's always interesting when a manager puts in the reserves for the early to mid rounds and then, hells bells, the team is getting nearer to a semifinal at Wembley. Do you stay loyal to the team who got you there or do you put out your "best" team as this is now a real chance of a first trophy win? Lose some of the dressing room or make history?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's always interesting when a manager puts in the reserves for the early to mid rounds and then, hells bells, the team is getting nearer to a semifinal at Wembley. Do you stay loyal to the team who got you there or do you put out your "best" team as this is now a real chance of a first trophy win? Lose some of the dressing room or make history?
Semi final against anyone but Manchester City (everyone else is beatable at the moment) , then you opt for upsetting one or two players for the greater good obviously.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Not a tough choice to keep picking JS for cup games. Must be pushing Big Bob quite hard if there were any further drop (no pun intended) in his form. I'm still a fan of Sanchez and think keepers get unfair level of scrutiny. They are not so bad because of one or two errors or so good because of a few saves. Steele's most important save last night was classic Sanchez style spread yourself and hope you block it stuff - could easily have gone in above or below his hand/arm...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yep excellent last night. I would keep picking him unless we draw City, then just go first choice 11.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Thought he was really good with his feet, heart in mouth with his kicking long and low down the middle of the pitch but every time the camera panned round someone was there collecting it. He had a great game made a good save early on which is good for a keeper’s confidence

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Arguably, although he doesn't play a huge lot, when he does he's more consistent than Sanchez. I'm not a big Sanchez fan at this point and would be happy to give Steele a couple of starts in a row.
How can you judge a comparison of consistency between the 2 keepers when Steele doesn't really play more than 1 game at a time? RS has 6 PL clean sheets, only 6 teams have conceded less goals than us, 2 of those teams we've only conceded 1 more. +10GD. I know he made a mistake v Palace, but crikey, not sure he deserves some of the criticism he's been getting.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This is a guy who was brought in as third choice behind David Button(!). He looks a different player to the guy who got relegated with Sunderland in the documentary, who some of their fans consider one of their worst goalkeepers ever…

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
He seems happy enough doing what he's doing,not heard a peep of discontent from him since he's been with us, certainly better than Sanchez with his handling ( well I think so) I wouldn't be surprised or miffed if he got a run of starts in the EPL before season end.

I'm not slating Sanchez but I think Steele must be pushing him for a start,and that's good for the squad I think.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I feel calmer with Steele in goal. Sanchez always seems to have a clanger in him
1677678646156.png

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Or even... keep the dressing room (well, most of them) AND make history 🤔.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
best team from here on in for me.

I reckon last night against a better side we lose that game.

All guns blazing from this point on

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
To me it’s not even remotely difficult.

We have a very realistic chance of our first major trophy. We’re approx. 8/1 to win it. We have a very real prospect of massive days out at Wembley

Why would you take any risks whatsoever? The feelings of your reserve keeper (or centre back or whatever) are completely irrelevant.

I agree that Steele has done alright and if RDZ thinks he’s at least as good as Sanchez, then fine, play him in the league. But for god sake, play your best available team in the cup now. If we keep playing fast and loose with this competition, our luck will run out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here