Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Molumby

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not suggesting recalling but sounds like he has the sort of fight we'd need in a relegation fight, our midfield is far too 'nice' and passive

Agree - leave him where he is for now - good for us, him and Millwall. In the summer we'll have White, Mac Allister, Gyokeres, Ostigaard and Molumbey returning to (or joining) the Albion, looking for first team places. I suspect next year's team will look very different - they may not all get in, but I'm pretty sure some will. Plus Alzate and Connolly with a season under their belts.

We just need to hold the nerve, keep the faith - and yes, probably hold our breath - until we get through May still in this division.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
A Willmall ST holder at work rates JM very highly. ‘Proper Millwall’ he reckons. Not sure if that’s necessarily a good thing....

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Premier League, not "Premiership". Grrrr!

I was at the New Den today.

Can't say he bossed the match, but his passing ability definitely stands out in the Millwall team.

I was there too and agree with your comments.

I thought he did really well against Premier League opposion. Looking forward to see him in the Blue and White Strips.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Agree - leave him where he is for now - good for us, him and Millwall. In the summer we'll have White, Mac Allister, Gyokeres, Ostigaard and Molumbey returning to (or joining) the Albion, looking for first team places. I suspect next year's team will look very different - they may not all get in, but I'm pretty sure some will. Plus Alzate and Connolly with a season under their belts.

We just need to hold the nerve, keep the faith - and yes, probably hold our breath - until we get through May still in this division.

I so hope you are right.
Could be a very exciting squad next season.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Watching Millwall v West Brom and he is the best player on the pitch at the moment, looks real class. As I type, WBA go 1-0 up

Given Potter won’t play Alzate in midfield it’s certainly pointless JM being here so good luck to him at Millwall

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think he's got a big future with us, whether it's in the Premier League or the Championship. I'm really impressed by the future proofing built into our planning. I think we've made numerous errors with players coming in to fill out the team, but I think we're absolutely on the money in terms of developing players for future seasons.

If the worst happens this season and we have a firesale of talent in the summer, we could find ourselves with this starting line up next season;

Walton
Lamptey Webster White Bernardo
Molumby Mooy
Jahanbakhsh Mac Allister Gwargis
Connolly​

:albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh great news.

Plus the 'not good enough' thread should be along later this year.

Exciting times ahead.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think he's got a big future with us, whether it's in the Premier League or the Championship. I'm really impressed by the future proofing built into our planning. I think we've made numerous errors with players coming in to fill out the team, but I think we're absolutely on the money in terms of developing players for future seasons.

If the worst happens this season and we have a firesale of talent in the summer, we could find ourselves with this starting line up next season;

Walton
Molumby Mooy
Connolly​

I think there a various permutations open to Ben White but playing for us in the Championship isn't one of them.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Walton
Molumby Mooy
Connolly​

Not sure Ali J would stay, but also need to mention

Clarke, Osigard, Burn and O'Horo at the back

Cochrane, Archie Davies and Yapi wing backs.

Alzate, March, Baluta and Acre midfield.

Maupay and possibly Tau up front.

Potter will have some palette to choose from, before we even start buying.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Arce and Tau will never play in the stripes. Work permits are an issue, and Arce is an arse.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Walton
Molumby Mooy
Connolly​

:ffsparr:

A miilion and one things could happen between now and the start of next season. What brought you to the conclusion that would be our starting eleven next term?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think there a various permutations open to Ben White but playing for us in the Championship isn't one of them.

He's our player. I see us flogging Duffy and Dunk for over £50m the pair, Webster won't be on the move I wouldn't have thought and while I do agree that White probably won't still be here - if we want him, he's ours. Dunk was too good for the Championship for 2 years before our promotion.

I'm done with Solly March now, he's not what we need in either league for me. Versatile but poor in all positions. I had forgotten Alzate, he will be a key player for us going forward I'm sure. I doubt we'd keep Maupay, I should think the teams below the big 6 would all want him. Murray would still be a heavy goalscorer for us in the Championship, but Connolly is the future!

:ffsparr:

A miilion and one things could happen between now and the start of next season. What brought you to the conclusion that would be our starting eleven next term?

It's speculation based on who's already here - my point is that we wouldn't need to dip into the market to fill out a squad for next season because of how well set we already are. It was praise of the longer term squad planning - with faint criticism of the currently active squad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here