[Albion] Jarrod Bowen

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
WE CANT SIGN ALL THE GOOD PLAYERS.... It just doesn't work like that, please people. We signed our good players in the summer .... Maupay, Mooy, Trossard for a lot of money. This season hasn't got the points our play has deserved so we're in the mixer. But throwing more Mooy-like, Trossard-like, Ali-J-like, Maupay-like players into the squad helps how? Yes I would like a tall, mobile striker, someone like Raul Jimenez, Tammy Abraham, thats the kind of player we need to round off our squad. Bloody hard to get one this winter, but if they're available, we can try. Bowen, Berge, Samatta, as good as they might be none of them fit that profile..

:clap2::clap2:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
According to Twitter (I know) this morning, West Ham have outbid Palace and he'd prefer to go there.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
putting aside rivalry- if he's choosing West Ham over Palace then he's a bit thick to be honest

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TalkSport re Bowen: "At West Ham now having a medical. Wages going from £10k/w at Hull, to £55k/w overnight" :eek:

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
TalkSport re Bowen: "At West Ham now having a medical. Wages going from £10k/w at Hull, to £55k/w overnight" :eek:

Didn't we lose out on a striker to West Ham over the summer? Has he even seen the light of day? Maybe they'll let us have him back now that they've taken Bowen

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I read yesterday Moyes state West Ham desperately needed at least 1 striker, 1 MF and 1 RB, so I'd guess they'd be at least trying to hijack the Lamptey deal to?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
According to Twitter (I know) this morning, West Ham have outbid Palace and he'd prefer to go there.

Palace got Pritcharded.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Moose reckons he's on £60k a week and Palace were only prepared to quadruple his wages to £40k per week plus a big signing on fee (£1m+) offered by the Hammers. He reckons it's a good signing for them although he's slightly dissapointed they didn't go for Jiminez from Wolverhampton.

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
London Stadium with 60k supporters or crumbling clad ridden Selhurst with 26k supporters?

No brainer.

You’re probably right, he may have walked all the way from Humberside, for the honour of signing for the mighty hammers.
They won the World Cup don’t you know ?

( hopefully he scores tomorrow :wink:)

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You’re probably right, he may have walked all the way from Humberside, for the honour of signing for the mighty hammers.
They won the World Cup don’t you know ?

( hopefully he scores tomorrow :wink:)

One thing looks certain he won’t be scoring for you
Not that I think you need him you are pretty safe

SAC

May 21, 2014
The transfer fee looks correct but £60k a week for someone who could be the next Pat Bamford seems excessive. OK, if he turns out to be the next Bale, Kane or Murray but what is the likelihood of that?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
According to the BBC, Bournemouth are looking to hijack the deal and tempt him down there.

He's a player in demand

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Poor old Palace, they've been gazumped twice over. Perhaps they need to get Zaha flogged quick so they can go back in?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Poor old Palace, they've been gazumped twice over. Perhaps they need to get Zaha flogged quick so they can go back in?

I think you can only get Gazumped once if then the Guzumper is then Guzumped, they have only been guzumped the once as well....Sounds to me the agent is working bloody hard here and will make a fair few bob out of this ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports