Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January window

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Andone could be ready in Feb. & any decent striker sign in January is likely to be in the last few days. If the choice is spend £20m on a striker or wait 2/3 weeks for Andone i'd assume the club would do the latter.

Potter has said he won’t be ready until Feb/March.

No way he is going to be able to make an impact until well into March if then even.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's been a difficult window but we're happy with the squad we have.

going forward we'll be able to sell the team ambulance for a few grand as some of our Crocs are out of contract. Might even get a few bob back on the zimmers in the sick bay.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

going forward we'll be able to sell the team ambulance for a few grand as some of our Crocs are out of contract. Might even get a few bob back on the zimmers in the sick bay.
Glenn gives us a different option :facepalm: think I would cry :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Real shame if he does, and we may regret it. Every time I've seen him he looks the business, though I guess with the midfielders ahead of him it's a tough ask for him to break through to the first team. I actually rate him higher than Molumby.

This - but not the last bit. Certainly not yet anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think that I have worked out where we are going wrong as a club and why we are not getting value for money

Why are we offering these a contract rather than buying them outright? I know our budget isn’t all that but...

6AFF842A-C39D-4915-A397-1CD0DD296554.jpeg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He’s not that great is he? Couple of goals here and there bang average.

Andone is at least as good as any of our current strikers ....... if you can get him fit (which I strongly doubt we will this season) .... and if you can get his head right to play .... which is far from a given.

Those talking about Izquierdo coming in to save our season are also being wildly optimistic

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ali J
Ryan
One of Connolly/Zeqiri out on loan

In

Dia or someone of that type, eg pace and power. We have any number of good technical players especially forwards, what's needed for me is the ability to buy them time on the ball. A player who stretches defenses with running in behind or physical challenges would enable our attacking players a bit more room in which to work. Ideally someone who also offers an aerial presence.

Full back cover.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ali J
Ryan
One of Connolly/Zeqiri out on loan

In

Dia or someone of that type, eg pace and power. We have any number of good technical players especially forwards, what's needed for me is the ability to buy them time on the ball. A player who stretches defenses with running in behind or physical challenges would enable our attacking players a bit more room in which to work. Ideally someone who also offers an aerial presence.

Full back cover.

In regards to strikers, Potter has been talking up Zeqiri a lot in the press so I don’t think he is leaving. Connolly was magnificent in his half against Wolves, that overhead kick being a highlight along with the goal; I think he stays too.

In regards for the power’n’pace player you speak of, surely Welbeck fills this brief, Zeqiri is quite speedy too and is a big lad.

However, I still think we need someone. On his podcast, @viper spoke about having more of an aerial threat, Genk’s Onuachu (height of Burn) was mentioned but obviously Milik would be the best option and Yaremchuk would certainly add another dimension too:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Onuachu

I still think we should ship Bernardo, he has gone down hill massively since Potter took over.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In regards to strikers, Potter has been talking up Zeqiri a lot in the press so I don’t think he is leaving. Connolly was magnificent in his half against Wolves, that overhead kick being a highlight along with the goal; I think he stays too.

In regards for the power’n’pace player you speak of, surely Welbeck fills this brief, Zeqiri is quite speedy too and is a big lad.

However, I still think we need someone. On his podcast, @viper spoke about having more of an aerial threat, Genk’s Onuachu (height of Burn) was mentioned but obviously Milik would be the best option and Yaremchuk would certainly add another dimension too:

I still think we should ship Bernardo, he has gone down hill massively since Potter took over.[/QUOTE]

Like a lot of other players it seems

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I still think we should ship Bernardo, he has gone down hill massively since Potter took over.[/QUOTE]

Like a lot of other players it seems

Do you think Welbeck shows pace and power? Not sure I do anymore. He's still a very good player don't get me wrong but I don't see him playing off the shoulder of the last man or roughing up defenders or stretching teams with his running? Probably our most productive forward but not a rampaging force of nature exactly...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Moder, Tau, & Caicedo are welcome additions but game after game proves that it’s a decent striker that’s needed. I really hope the club are secretly working away on a deal for Dia.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Moder, Tau, & Caicedo are welcome additions but game after game proves that it’s a decent striker that’s needed. I really hope the club are secretly working away on a deal for Dia.

This is our only hope. Invest now or take the massive financial losses of relegation. Time to fanny about gone. Surely smart cookie leaders at our club can see this. Anyone with half a brain cell can see this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan, Jahambkhsh, Bernardo and Sanders to go ?

Maybe a loan out for Zeqiri ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here