Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January window

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
'The Siege Tower'
Or at Gent, Roman Yaremchuk.
Been mentioned before. Linked even. 9 in 13 in league. 6ft 3, great feet. Ukranian, scored against Germany last month.

Potter type of striker... historically speaking. From 2011 until arriving at Brighton, Potter always had a 190 cm+ striker as his main man up front. I was very surprised both last summer and this summer that a striker like that didnt arrive. Maybe in January?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yaremchuk looks like a good finisher and great feet especially for a guy of his height. TBH I feel like a sack of potatoes could finish better than our current strikers.

Really now looking like we need to do something in Jan to address our slide. Let’s be honest we scraped the barrel in the ‘summer’ window , so we have painted ourselves into a corner.

I told you so. No doubt the club’s ‘super fans’ will rush in as usual to defend the indefensible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
In the 68 or so pages this thread will create absolutely nobody anyone has mentioned ,IN .

So with that in mind , Moussa Marega PLEASE Tone .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In:

Edouard

Return from loan/injury
Murray
Tau
Moder
Andone

Out:
Bissouma (offer that can’t be refused - £50m+)
Bernardo
Pröpper
Ryan
Connolly (loan)
Izquierdo (loan)
Ali Mac loan
Molumby loan
Sanders loan
Zeqiri loan

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Bloom will keep his money in his pocket again....playing a much longer game methinks.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
In:

Edouard

Return from loan/injury
Murray
Tau
Moder
Andone

Out:
Bernardo
Pröpper
Ryan
Connolly (loan)
Izquierdo (loan)
Ali Mac loan
Molumby loan
Sanders loan
Zeqiri loan

Would welcome this, less the sadness of losing Bissouma, :eek:but like you say an offer that cant be refused - the best player for years in midfield. As nobody knows how good or bad Zeqiri is I would like Potts to give him minutes in his natural position. Murray loaned to Crawley.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
In:

Edouard

Return from loan/injury
Murray
Tau
Moder
Andone

Out:
Bernardo
Pröpper
Ryan
Connolly (loan)
Izquierdo (loan)
Ali Mac loan
Molumby loan
Sanders loan
Zeqiri loan

You want to get rid of 9 of our current first team plus Izzy in the January transfer window and replace them with a guy who has semi-retired, a guy who is injured and two players who have never kicked a ball at this level? Bold.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
In:

Edouard

Return from loan/injury
Murray
Tau
Moder
Andone

Out:
Bernardo
Pröpper
Ryan
Connolly (loan)
Izquierdo (loan)
Ali Mac loan
Molumby loan
Sanders loan
Zeqiri loan

You love selling off our best player!

Over the summer it was Dunk, now it's Bissouma.

Although I might be on board with selling him in the summer provided he wins player of the season. That seems to be developing into something of a curse.

2016: Kayal. Injuries restricted him to 20 league appearances the following season. He never regained his automatic starting place.

2017: Knockaert. We all know his travails in the premier league with us after blowing the championship away in 2016/17.

2018: Pascal Gross. Has failed to live up to the brilliant first season.

2019: Shane Duffy. Lost his starting place the season after winning POTS. now farmed out on loan in the MTL.

2020: Lewis Dunk. Having his poorest season for a number of years. Erratic performances all season so far.

So if Bissouma wins it this year I'm all for selling him in the summer for as much as we can get!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Bloom will keep his money in his pocket again....playing a much longer game methinks.

What game is that!? Be an idiot and lose £100m a season minimum. Luckily he is a little bit more savvy than that...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What game is that!? Be an idiot and lose £100m a season minimum. Luckily he is a little bit more savvy than that...

Time will tell as to whether TB thinks like you or the fella you disagree with

My guess is that serious money is available for a purchase, but if he sees the price go too high, he's prepared to walk away and tell Graham to keep us up with what we have.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Time will tell as to whether TB thinks like you or the fella you disagree with

My guess is that serious money is available for a purchase, but if he sees the price go too high, he's prepared to walk away and tell Graham to keep us up with what we have.

The time for financial prudence is over. The last window was a HUGE mistake. Tony will learn his lesson.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You want to get rid of 9 of our current first team plus Izzy in the January transfer window and replace them with a guy who has semi-retired, a guy who is injured and two players who have never kicked a ball at this level? Bold.

I was listening to the ‘Together’ podcast as they raked over the Sheff Utd game. The asked the question, would Murray have made a difference if he’d come on at the end?

I’m certain the answer is yes because I believe that he is probably our best and most natural finisher.

In terms of Edouard, he has not signed the contract in front of him and clearly wants out as his form as dived. He is still class for France U23s but his loss of form allied to his contract running down means there might be a good value deal there. Moder looks class for Poland and Tau is just a wildcard that offers something different, hopefully goals.

In terms of players leaving, Izquierdo seems a lifetime away from the first team, I think a loan would suit if he can get fit. Our midfield is so well stacked, Pröpper can’t get on the bench, I bet he’d like another challenge. Zeqiri, Molumby & Sanders must be crying out for games when the odd substitute appearance or cup run is there most likely fate and Ryan is homesick. Connolly just needs a 20+ goal season in the Championship to light his fire again. I think he could do with the type of Championship eduction players like Barnes, Maddison and Mount have benefited from.

At the end of day, we just need to convert our chances. Moder has a fine long shot; Tau, Murray and Edouard all know where the goal is, maybe more so than Connolly, Maupay and Welbeck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here