Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January window

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Given it appears there are problems with Maupay and Connolly, the reintroduction of Andone is throwing fat on the fire.

We need to sell some players. As regards incoming, Josh King would be good, Tau and Moderr would be welcome. Milik would be unbelievable, Arnautovic would be fun.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Could it be divot Origi plus cash for Bissouma, or is he still going to Real Madrid?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Loan out Ali-J (and Connolly if we get someone else in, before we ruin him).

Raid Ligue 1 for a striker as they're all in trouble financially and it's a good league. May have to spend bigger than we ever have to outbid other Prem teams but there still could be value there.

edit- feck it, sell one of Lamptey, White or Biss if necessary,

Christ.

Did you see Timo Werner tonight? Absolute dog shit again. But unlike Connolly he cost FIFTY THREE MILLION :facepalm:

I recommend an urgent call to the Samaritans :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t get me wrong, I think Dan James would be an exciting signing, but it’s not really a position we have a problem in.

It’s a finisher we need desperately.

Ron Jeremy?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Graham Potter: "There are a lot of £20 million players that haven’t succeeded to start with. It feels like the easy solution and, if that type of player’s there then, of course, we’ll do our best to do it, but it’s always a collective problem."

[tweet]1341065535593852929[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Christ.

Did you see Timo Werner tonight? Absolute dog shit again. But unlike Connolly he cost FIFTY THREE MILLION :facepalm:

I recommend an urgent call to the Samaritans :shrug:

You're just a woosh-er.

Werner was mint in the Bundesliga, was mint to start with at Chelsea, has tailed off badly but will be mint again.

We'd never spend anything near 53m obvs. I was thinking more of 20-25m IF we sell one of our 3 golden eggs (personally, still don't see the fuss with White).

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Shef Utd gave Liverpool £24m for Brewster, a player who had not played THREE games in the EPL. Twenty four millions pounds. He looked a championship player yesterday.
Potter has a point. That type of player is a massive gamble. A similar one helped relegate Muff the previous season.
The Scousers got £42m for Brewster and Solanke who between them hadn’t played 10 games, unbelievable. We can’t get into that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're just a woosh-er.

Werner was mint in the Bundesliga, was mint to start with at Chelsea, has tailed off badly but will be mint again.

We'd never spend anything near 53m obvs. I was thinking more of 20-25m IF we sell one of our 3 golden eggs (personally, still don't see the fuss with White).

Mmmm....well, putting your inexplicable sandy gusset aside (metaphorically, obviously :eek:)...

Fair point about Werner. Perhaps.

But why not give our miss-firing debutants and ingénues a chance? Werner looks no better than litte Aaron right now :shrug:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Mmmm....well, putting your inexplicable sandy gusset aside (metaphorically, obviously :eek:)...

Fair point about Werner. Perhaps.

But why not give our miss-firing debutants and ingénues a chance? Werner looks no better than litte Aaron right now :shrug:

https://youtu.be/Qw9oX-kZ_9k

Just saying I think there is good value to be found in Ligue 1 and with the teams in absolute financial dog-do at the moment that's were i think we could nab a good un in January.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very unlikely probably but Arkadiusz Milik? Is available for transfer this January (not even in Napoli's squad) and contract is out at end of season. 6 foot 1, age 26. I would even take a loan at this point. But probably going to end up at a top 6 club. James or Dia also would be good, Dia actually exceeds his xG which is definitely what we need and James won't need any adaption time.

And for what its worth, POTTER IN.

Milik is a great shout. I’m worried, though, that his Roma transfer collapsed because of his wage demands. I think he wants £100,000+ per week. Way our of our budget but the thought of linking up with Karbo, Moder and Brighton’s sizeable Polish community could swing him if we were being super optimistic.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
A right and left wing back. Thanks to Graham Potter, Lamptey and March have made the positions their own. But if they are injured we don’t have anyone to replace them. The wing-back system is the key to how we play. Plus a striker, if we can.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Not really what we need. Would suit Leeds more.

We play possession football and need quality more than pure pace.

I literally couldn’t disagree with this more. Our lack of pace (Lamptey apart) one of our biggest issues. Connolly has pace but not good enough. Welbeck no slouch and then that’s it. We’re so ponderous and when we break always allow the defence to regroup. March, Trossard, Maupay, Lallana, Gross, Mac Allister, Alzate, Ali J. None of the rest of our attacking options have pace, and that’s a big part of the problem. Potter has also already disproved your point by playing James as part of his Swansea side who played the same style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here