Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer window arriving just in time...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Until i know how genuinly close KLL, Rosenoir, Bong and Baldock are too recovery, and if Wilson is staying then its a tricky call.

I would like Bridcutt despite many peoples opinion, he is simply way better than anyone else we have in a holding role.
If we need another winger then trying for Marshall again makes sense, no idea how long he has left on his contract, VLP needs to be extended at a minimum.
A striker is also still on the cards.

We could still see a few move out either on loan or permenant.

We really are being crushed with long term injuries at the moment :-(

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
but James Meredith left back at Bradford City, mentioned previously by some, is valued at €7.65m, so cant see him being on the shopping list as back up at that price. .

You genuinely think that a 27 year old left back from Bradford City would cost us £5m? Having never played above league 1?

christ.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would definitely try to buy or extend Van La Parra's loan. I'm surprised he hasn't got his own thread today, following his two goals in two games. He's made as big an impact as Wilson, if not more so.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You genuinely think that a 27 year old left back from Bradford City would cost us £5m? Having never played above league 1?

christ.

It's posts like that, that convince me BG is a wind up account.
That is not my valuation but taken from the website transfermaket which gives players details and value. He is an Ozzie international if that adds anything to his value. I dont for one minute think that we will pay that. I suggested Paul Konchesky in the summer but everybody poo pood it and look at him last night. There must be another ageing left back to come in as cover and dont suggest Ashley Cole because he is lined up to join Villa in January when he becomes a free agent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That is not my valuation but taken from the website transfermaket which gives players details and value. He is an Ozzie international if that adds anything to his value. I dont for one minute think that we will pay that. I suggested Paul Konchesky in the summer but everybody poo pood it and look at him last night. There must be another ageing left back to come in as cover and dont suggest Ashley Cole because he is lined up to join Villa in January when he becomes a free agent.
They are as bad at valuation as footballrumours is with transfer targets.

Apparantly Ankergren is worth 140k etc.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Until i know how genuinly close KLL, Rosenoir, Bong and Baldock are too recovery, and if Wilson is staying then its a tricky call.

I would like Bridcutt despite many peoples opinion, he is simply way better than anyone else we have in a holding role.
If we need another winger then trying for Marshall again makes sense, no idea how long he has left on his contract, VLP needs to be extended at a minimum.
A striker is also still on the cards.

We could still see a few move out either on loan or permenant.

We really are being crushed with long term injuries at the moment :-(

The holding role is an interesting one. Ince has hardly had a look this season and when he's come on has understandably looked rusty. Personally I'm not sure about a Bridcutt return. How would he fit into the system? He is brilliant at Championship level at breaking up play and playing simple balls to the wingers or whoever but as a box-to-box player is not on the same level as Kayal or Stephens. God help us if Kayal gets injured.

If you play 4-4-2 then you need options on the flanks so we should go for a Van La Parra loan extension but I'd say we need another winger on top as unfortunately Lua Lua cannot be relied upon to stay fit.

Another striker is a must, regardless of Wilson.

JFC to go out on loan, as will Holla.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Then why, in the name of all creation, don't you (a man with supposedly enough years on this planet to know better) employ your common sense and disregard the valuation outright because it's clearly utter, utter bollards? Why even give it a seconds thought? Why post it at all? If I saw on a random nonsense site that we were about to sign Messi for 250k...you know what I'd do? I'd close the window and move on with my life. Not regurgitate it here - NSC may be a discussion board, BUT THAT ISN'T WORTH DISCUSSING.

That's why people think you're on a wind up. Because no sentient adult would bother.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The holding role is an interesting one. Ince has hardly had a look this season and when he's come on has understandably looked rusty. Personally I'm not sure about a Bridcutt return. How would he fit into the system? He is brilliant at Championship level at breaking up play and playing simple balls to the wingers or whoever but as a box-to-box player is not on the same level as Kayal or Stephens. God help us if Kayal gets injured.

If you play 4-4-2 then you need options on the flanks so we should go for a Van La Parra loan extension but I'd say we need another winger on top as unfortunately Lua Lua cannot be relied upon to stay fit.

Another striker is a must, regardless of Wilson.

JFC to go out on loan, as will Holla.

What about Buckley and Bridcutt returning, especially if Sunderland still owe money for them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Then why, in the name of all creation, don't you (a man with supposedly enough years on this planet to know better) employ your common sense and disregard the valuation outright because it's clearly utter, utter bollards? Why even give it a seconds thought? Why post it at all? If I saw on a random nonsense site that we were about to sign Messi for 250k...you know what I'd do? I'd close the window and move on with my life. Not regurgitate it here - NSC may be a discussion board, BUT THAT ISN'T WORTH DISCUSSING.

That's why people think you're on a wind up. Because no sentient adult would bother.

Their valuation of Van La Parre isnt far out I wouldnt think at €1.5m also the valuations they put on players are a lot nearer than what most posting on here put as the sale valuation of our players when one is suggested to be going.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Their valuation of Van La Parre isnt far out I wouldnt think at €1.5m also the valuations they put on players are a lot nearer than what most posting on here put as the sale valuation of our players when one is suggested to be going.

I did say when I posted it that there is no way we would pay that amount for a back up player, I have never seen Meredith play but based on his record and experience etc I think he is overvalued and worth probably 1/3rd of that , as a maximum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here