Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer window arriving just in time...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Tony must know that he's got a great chance of promotion, but only if we build on the squad now.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
No one seems to have mentioned it yet, so allow me to be the first. It is notoriously difficult to do good business in the January transfer window, far more difficult than August.

Clubs are often reluctant to sell their best assets mid season, especially to rival clubs, and often hedge there bets until the end of the season.

If we do bring players in, they are likely to be over priced. The question is, how much does Tony want promotion?

Very badly...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Our most urgent is a proper left back who can kick with his left foot. Murphy has been a shadow of his previous self as he is not getting released out wide on the left he always receives the ball on the inside of the full back making it easy for them to defend. Sign VLP keep Wilson if possible on loan, Baldock due back soon and monitor Towell to see if we need another midfielder pre transfer window deadline. Sign LB who would have been brilliant coming on this evening. Bring Goldson on. Tranfer window sorted. No big money spent and squad strength improved keep the money until the summer.

Yeh, just buy, buy, buy, buy buy................................................

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Well let's all hope that Uncle Tony's wallet will be a fair few million pounds lighter come the end of next month then.

Hopefully earlier in the month not waiting til right at the end.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At the moment, RVLP is only on a month's loan. Theoretically, could we sign him in advance (as we did with Towell) and if so, could we play him from 1 Jan, against Wolves?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The one I'm gutted for is Van La Parrot. He must be feeling like Cinderella at a minute to midnight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can we afford to bring in without losing some though? We have 5 out for a relatively long time but all will be back for next season. Our football "budget" and overall losses are £10m a season. How on earth can we afford to replace 3-4 players when they're still under contract?

This. We can't afford to end up with 5 players for each position, all drawing good wages - but I think - and hope - we'll be getting one or two significant ones in.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
At the moment, RVLP is only on a month's loan. Theoretically, could we sign him in advance (as we did with Towell) and if so, could we play him from 1 Jan, against Wolves?

No we couldn't, just like Towell isn't available to.us till the 2nd. The window opens on the 2nd

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeh, just buy, buy, buy, buy buy................................................

I have at no time suggested spending big money and as you say yeah just buy buy buy. In fact I have suggested the opposite keep the money until the summer If you read my post you will see I said buy Rajiv Van La Parre transfer market value him at €1.5m but James Meredith left back at Bradford City, mentioned previously by some, is valued at €7.65m, so cant see him being on the shopping list as back up at that price. Other than that I have said keep Wilson for the rest of the season and bring back our injured players and the squad would be ok to win this division, with what we have already.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Our most urgent is a proper left back who can kick with his left foot. Murphy has been a shadow of his previous self as he is not getting released out wide on the left he always receives the ball on the inside of the full back making it easy for them to defend. Sign VLP keep Wilson if possible on loan, Baldock due back soon and monitor Towell to see if we need another midfielder pre transfer window deadline. Sign LB who would have been brilliant coming on this evening. Bring Goldson on. Tranfer window sorted. No big money spent and squad strength improved keep the money until the summer.

I'm probably being thick and missing someone obvious -but who is LB? Please tell me it's not Leon Best!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
- sign parra
- loan a left back
- sign striker
+ towell
+ return of lua lua and baldock

Then we will be fine for top 6.

However we could possibly be without parra and Wilson for wolves game!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just thinking over my morning coffee, we really are down to the bare bones in all wide positions for the next 4 games at least, aren't we? I'm usually an optimist, but I can't help thinking that there is a real risk that we may lose touch with the top 2 if our horrendous injury luck continues prior to the FAC 3rd round break from the league. Any other season then it wouldn't be so bad, but Derby, Midds and Hull all seem to be accumulating points relentlessly right now. At least we're almost certain to make the top 6.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A striker, whether or not Wilson goes. From South America.

RVLP - unless Jackett gets the boot.

Left back on 93 day loan - may be tricky to find.

Towell, already signed.

Maybe a grain of truth about the return of Bridcutt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here