[Misc] January blues

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Work has been quiet
Mum has started chemo
Wife has had a work colleague issue which has gone formal
Still 2 days til pay day, after last being paid 20 Dec
For the first time ever we missed a mortgage payment (all sorted now thankfully with no black marks against us)

Its all been very stressful tbh, but my SAD hasn't been too bad this winter which is a bonus. Still been a long, tough month though.
At least the evenings are getting lighter again already, so Spring is around the corner 🙂

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
In lieu of the lovely crisp clear mood lifting winter days that seem to be an increasing rarity, I find that the consistent comedy missives of a couple of wums on the Trump thread in particular, are guaranteed smile inducing, chuckle giving antidotes. Who needs SAD lamps, when you’ve got SAD trolls?!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Good point. Some time ago, after growing tired of the way some people treat public facing staff, I decided to make a point of saying hello and also showing my gratitude. This takes many forms like simply saying “thanks for looking after me” when I get off a plane to emailing a restaurant I recently went to. I also emailed Barber a couple of times when his staff have been super helpful.
Yes, I have done likewise and ditto with public sector/service workers. ‘Gratitude’ is a largely overlooked feeling that can’t be expressed enough imo. It helps us, by reminding ourselves of the ‘positives’ and helps the recipients of our gratitude to feel valued.

SAD, yes, grey, dark days can be a struggle but all it takes is crisp, bright sunny day to lift the spirits. On my 3rd cancer scare/referral this winter and waiting for results and more scans is triggering some awful feelings of anxiety that I wouldn’t normally have for sure but my bulbs are coming up in the garden, evenings are definitely getting lighter and we have some fantastic sunsets in our big Norfolk skies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here