Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] January blues

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
How is everyone doing as we head into the last week of a very long month?

I definitely find this the hardest month of the year for sure, and feel uncharacteristically subdued and tired. Do not feel the best version of myself at all. Work is rubbish. Everything feels like a big expense. Could quite easily hibernate for the month…
Only one game at the Amex this month and totally forgettable - adds to the lack of excitement.
Anyone feeling different? Whats getting you through it?

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
This has felt like a tough month. Still a couple of brighter days mean I find you notice it's getting lighter.

Been quite stop start with the winter break too.

Feb feels like we're going to get our squad back, palace at home, and Europa League draw puts fociss on March.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I definitely find this the hardest month of the year for sure, and feel uncharacteristically subdued and tired. Do not feel the best version of myself at all. Work is rubbish. Everything feels like a big expense. Could quite easily hibernate for the month…
Only one game at the Amex this month and totally forgettable - adds to the lack of excitement.
Blame Klopp, but at least it won’t last 12 months like it will for the scousers

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I too find January very depressing possibly coming down after the highs at Christmas. Retail therapy works for me. That’s what the January sales are for!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry you feel that way.

Often the hardest month. With 6 weeks between pays, Xmas expense, cloudy shit weather and often family aggro/politics brought to a head at Xmas.

Personally, I’ve found the following all a big help; brisk walks, trying to eat healthily and giving myself little treats eg watching TV boxsets. I feel better now than say 3 weeks ago. It’s vital to get fresh air every day. If anyone’s interested, the R4 Michael Mosley “Just One Thing” programmes (all available online) are fantastic.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

Agree 100%

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep, January blues have hit hard this month, feel lethargic and down.
My work colleague is a complete moron, and I feel like I don’t want to go in anymore because I never know how he is going to be, even at his best he’s incompetent and after 14 years still uses the keyboard like chimp.

Still what’s keeping me going is it’s nearly over, the sky is dark blue when I leave work now, instead of pitch black, so depressing leaving to go to work in the dark and also pitch black when you leave to go home, that’s nearly over.

I went for a walk this afternoon on my own, sort some things out in my head.
A few smiles and the odd hello from a stranger, and fresh air, makes things not seem so bad.

until I got home, to see we have drawn Wolves away, January never let’s you forget it’s a bitch of a month.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

For anyone that is feeling unnecessary knackered, buy some Vitamin D pills and pop 2 a day. Half the population is probably suffering from lack of it over the winter.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's been my best January for 15 years - the first one which I haven't been broke and penniless.

Also, switching back to the old Christmas tradition of keeping the Christmas lights up until Candlemas ( 2nd Feb ) rather than 12th night has been a massive boost. The tradition states that I'll have problems with the goblins though if I leave them up any longer. Lol.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We never go over board at Christmas which helps us into the new year being solvent. The weather is warming up and the days getting longer so plenty to look forward to.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Alright I think, we've broken the back of the winter, the nights are getting lighter, February is a short month, I've never got much money anyway so that doesn't worry me....yeah it's all good.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yep, January blues have hit hard this month, feel lethargic and down.
My work colleague is a complete moron, and I feel like I don’t want to go in anymore because I never know how he is going to be, even at his best he’s incompetent and after 14 years still uses the keyboard like chimp.

Still what’s keeping me going is it’s nearly over, the sky is dark blue when I leave work now, instead of pitch black, so depressing leaving to go to work in the dark and also pitch black when you leave to go home, that’s nearly over.

I went for a walk this afternoon on my own, sort some things out in my head.
A few smiles and the odd hello from a stranger, and fresh air, makes things not seem so bad.

until I got home, to see we have drawn Wolves away, January never let’s you forget it’s a bitch of a month.
Saying 'good morning' to a member of rail/tube/bus staff makes me feel like they know I value what they do, makes them feel valued more
(according to research) and costs nothing. Just be a little bit more aware.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A bit of online comedy clips can also be a great boon. My daughter’s got into watching the real University Challenge, literally laughing to myself I’m keen to show her the spoof (Smith and Jones, or NTNON?) and will be.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm one of the odd ones out when it comes to January. I quite enjoy it.

After the excesses of Christmas and New Year it's nice to just wind everything down, stay at home, catch up on household DIY / chores that have been neglected.

It's a relaxing month for me.

Whereas I find summer intensely stressful and difficult.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here