Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul van Hecke

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It's a pretty dull signing you have to admit. Still, hopefully he will develop nicely and become a quality player in the future.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I understand you're frustration but you might miss some of the real young talent we're buying.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I understand you're frustration but you might miss some of the real young talent we're buying.
I won't if he is makes the first team! I guess the timing is unfortunate as we were hoping for a striker before the Forum.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We should be half decent at parking the bus this season. Again.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Blimey - the reaction of some people on here...

He could and is likely to be a fantastic player in the future. It is a great signing for the club.

Just because we've signed him, I don't think it means we have given up on signing a first-team striker.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I won't if he is makes the first team! I guess the timing is unfortunate as we were hoping for a striker before the Forum.

I think he has the potential to make the first team. We'll get an indication of his ability this season as he'll be in the first team on loan at either SC Heerenveen or FC Utrecht. I think it's the former.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Good signing. A season on loan, a bit of development, maybe another on loan then we can cash in.
It's not all about producing players for our first team, it's about being more self sufficient which helps everybody involved at the club

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good signing. A season on loan, a bit of development, maybe another on loan then we can cash in.
It's not all about producing players for our first team, it's about being more self sufficient which helps everybody involved at the club

Persinally I'd rather he came here for half a season in our U23s - just to get used to the club and get an idea of English football. Plenty of time for a half season loan in January - maybe abroad if that's what he and the club want, although that usally seems to be the forst step on the way out (well done to Ostigard for bucking the trend).
A successful loan next season to The Championship and this buy would start to look the business.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Gone are the days when I got excited with so called outstanding youngster from abroad.signing. None end up in our first team and even one ends up going to a Russian club and gets in Norway team

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Gone are the days when I got excited with so called outstanding youngster from abroad.signing. None end up in our first team and even one ends up going to a Russian club and gets in Norway team

Alexis MacAllister

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Was an established player when arrived. Tell me one foreign youngster who has come through our system. There must have been dozens of signings in last 5 years

Point taken - but things are very different now and Potter last season gave Alzate/Connolly a chance, and maybe this season Gyorkeres or A N Other will get a chance...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh well. I'm the opposite and love it when we sign players for the future season conveyor belt.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Screenshot_20200916-172849.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here