Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul van Hecke

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe the biggest club in the universe Deluded Utd have swooped to pinch him from our grasp seeing as we were being so nasty to them over White whom we promised to let them keep for a football kit an pkt of crisps

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is from the Argus equivalent (I think) in Holland today so looks like it might still be on...

Defender Van Hecke has already played his last game for NAC. According to insiders, the 20-year-old Zeeuw is on his way to Brighton & Hove Albion in England, the team that will rent him out to FC Utrecht. Trainer Maurice Steijn kept him aside against RKC. “Jan Paul had a conversation with Mattijs Manders (general manager, ed.) In which he indicated his wish to leave. Then it is better to stay fit. We have to continue, then I will choose players who are at the start of the competition ”, stated Steijn.

https://www.bndestem.nl/nac/ook-zon...ul~ab321cdf/?referrer=https://www.google.com/

BHA007

Jan 13, 2013
Back on its looks like

https://t.co/u4pXLlyYzv

NAC Breda loses Jan Paul van Hecke permanently to Brighton & Hove Albion. BN DeStem reports this. The twenty-year-old defender said goodbye to his teammates on Tuesday.

Van Hecke's departure is 'irreversible': Brighton pays more than two million euros for the defender from Arnemuiden. That amount can go up to more than three million through bonuses. According to BN DeStem, the transfer will be completed 'around the weekend'. 'That can also be on Monday or Tuesday', it sounds.

Despite the fact that NAC has reached a full agreement with Brighton, the Breda club does not want to confirm the transfer yet. With his transfer fee, Van Hecke is more expensive than Joël Veltman, for whom the Premier League club transferred one million euros to Ajax this summer.

Chances are that Van Hecke will play in the Eredivisie next season. Brighton is almost certainly renting it out to FC Utrecht. Twenty-year-old Zeeuw, who was attracted by NAC in 2018, declined an offer from AS Monaco.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
For anyone interested, Mattijs Manders, the 'Chief Executive Director' of NAC Breda responded to a question on van Hecke on Twitter this evening.

Are there any concerns now that it seems that van Hecke cannot go to Utrecht? Will the deal with Brighton be delayed here?

Hi Chris, don't worry

Not exactly conclusive and could be open to interpretation, but my interpretation is that he'll be another member of the Loan Army soon.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
For anyone interested, Mattijs Manders, the 'Chief Executive Director' of NAC Breda responded to a question on van Hecke on Twitter this evening.

Not exactly conclusive and could be open to interpretation, but my interpretation is that he'll be another member of the Loan Army soon.

From my interpretations is that he's definitely coming to us but maybe not going to Utrecht. Translated it's more like 'Are there any concerns/worries now that it seems that van Hecke can't go to Utrecht? Is the deal with Brighton delayed by this?' to which he is saying there's no worries/concerns on their end.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
From my interpretations is that he's definitely coming to us but maybe not going to Utrecht. Translated it's more like 'Are there any concerns/worries now that it seems that van Hecke can't go to Utrecht? Is the deal with Brighton delayed by this?' to which he is saying there's no worries/concerns on their end.

You could potentially read it as he is going to Utrecht, but not necessarily via Brighton? I dunno, it doesn't say a huge amount of anything really, but thought I'd share so anyone interested can draw their own conclusions!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
You could potentially read it as he is going to Utrecht, but not necessarily via Brighton? I dunno, it doesn't say a huge amount of anything really, but thought I'd share so anyone interested can draw their own conclusions!

From my (knowledge of) Dutch the deal looks like it's going through. The delay seems to be on agreeing terms with Utrecht and perhaps it isn't quite over the line with us just yet, but he has told him not to worry. Further on in the Q&A, someone asks how the search is for a new CB (to replace van Hecke) and he says they're still scouting.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
https://twitter.com/reonboeringa/status/1301601235817115649?s=21

Looks like this is indeed still happening (he’s just not being loaned to Utrecht...)

From Dutch journo on twitter...

In addition to Pawel Bochniewicz, SC Heerenveen is going to get another central defender: Jan Paul van Hecke is hired from Brighton. Except for some paperwork, both transfers are complete. So more on @VI_nl .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here