Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul van Hecke

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I spent last season angry that we were playing Chelsea's future first choice CB for a season and blocking JPVH's development. He'd have another 30 games under his belt for us by now if we hadn't been so keen to develop Colwill for Chelsea's benefit.

JPVH is the real deal and he could be Dunk's longer term successor. CBs aren't as sexy for poaching.
Bringing in Colwill on loan not only allowed JPVH the chance to get up to speed but also helped us poach Gilmour on a permanent deal as we couldn't have both on loan.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It’s just the beginning for jpvh.
He will develop into another crown jewel.
He’s already very good

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Absolutely loving JPVH's good form this season. In the Newcastle game at the end of last season he seemed lacking in confidence & the opposition players clearly saw this as a weak spot for us. They were letting him have the ball, waiting for a misplaced pass.
We had Caicedo at right back and Gross/Gilmour playing the pivot. JPvH was exposed in a team running on fumes (and we now know that Duck was carrying an injury). I'm not judging him on that game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We had Caicedo at right back and Gross/Gilmour playing the pivot. JPvH was exposed in a team running on fumes (and we now know that Duck was carrying an injury). I'm not judging him on that game.
Plus Leicester?

He struggled last season, but the battle with Haaland did l him the world of good confidence wise.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It almost seems unfair to single out players at the moment as so many are putting in such brilliant performances.

But I think JPVH deserves a little limelight. The position he plays is so important to the way we play and it's asking a lot of a young player to step into that role. I though he had some good games last year after a few understandably shakier ones when he first started breaking into the side. Since the Man City game, I think he's been consistently superb.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Following in the webbed footsteps of Ted Drake, Shaun Teal and John Ruddy.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I was at Leicester away last season and tbh, he looked a bit dodgy at times. The improvement from then to now is absolutely phenomenal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM
I WANT YOU IN MY ROOM
AINT NOBODY BETTER
THAN JOHN PAUL VAN HECKE
If it was original, it would be alright.

But it was invented by Palace fans, for Jean-Philippe Mateta (which scans a lot better than JPVH does too), so it's a no from me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was at Leicester away last season and tbh, he looked a bit dodgy at times. The improvement from then to now is absolutely phenomenal.
Remember it well. Really struggled, especially in the first half. I can't remember if he was subbed or not, but we only improved defensively after Veltman came on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Posted this on the wrong thread before

Not sure if this has been discussed but anyone else think not being able to sign Colwill could turn out to be a blessing as JPVH is starting to look like the real deal and possibly even more suited to DeZerbi ball then Levi was?

Would JPVH even still be here if we’d signed Colwill?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here